Honored Contributor

Re: Is the Q Ending 24 Hour Programming?

Think about it... For years now they've been hearing how stale, repetitive and redundant the product mix and programming have become, along with feedback about how over the top TSV presentations have become... Sales are down so what do they do, make the product mix and programming even more stale, repetitive and redundant and inundate their audience with even more of the TSV... If this isn't a head shaker, I don't know what is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

I’m seeing a lot of comments from people saying they like to “watch” QVC during overnight hours to keep them company or because they can’t sleep, but I’m not seeing anyone say they “shop” during those hours. QVC is not there to keep you company or entertain you, it’s there for you to spend your money.

@MaryLamb  Au contraire.  Check out my message -- #27 in this thread.

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

I’m seeing a lot of comments from people saying they like to “watch” QVC during overnight hours to keep them company or because they can’t sleep, but I’m not seeing anyone say they “shop” during those hours. QVC is not there to keep you company or entertain you, it’s there for you to spend your money.

@Caaareful Shopper if you’re getting up for work at 4AM, I’m guessing you’re not going to sleep at 2AM which means you haven’t seen the TSV presentation yet, which is exactly what you’ll get when you’re getting ready for work

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper if you’re getting up for work at 4AM, I’m guessing you’re not going to sleep at 2AM which means you haven’t seen the TSV presentation yet, which is exactly what you’ll get when you’re getting ready for work

@MaryLamb  What possible reason would I want to see the TSV non-stop from 4am to 6am (my non-telework days), or 4am to 7am on telework days)?  No, not my shopping preference at all.

Valued Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@MaryLamb  What possible reason would I want to see the TSV non-stop from 4am to 6am (my non-telework days), or 4am to 7am on telework days)?  No, not my shopping preference at all.

@Caaareful Shopper  They are going to run the usual 2 hour show that begins at midnight and goes to 2AM. . Lots of people watch that. You’ll be sleeping during that times, so you can catch up before you go to work.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Esteemed Contributor

Disappointing news.  I start work at 6AM (EST).  Very frequently I’m up at 4AM watching and shopping, while getting ready for work.  I also telework some days and shop in earnest during those early hours, with my morning coffee.  Even on weekends, I find myself up by 4AM.  

So to anyone who says “you should be asleep,” do you really think the entire country is all on your sleep schedule? 

I totally agree with you @Caaareful Shopper.  I am alway up till 3 or 4 am.   I think this is a very bad mistake.  I do believe this will hurt the bad.  I guess we will see.  

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Oh boy, the once mighty Q is by all appearances circling the drain...

Image result for circling the drain gif

LOL at this comment!  I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I am thinking of this from another perspective.  Perhaps they want to give the employees time to sleep.  Overnight shifts are terrible. 

Sometimes these new hosts are terrible when in training.   It won't work training them during the day.   

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I get your drift completely. Some folks are just determined to have the last word, it seems... I often find it Interesting what get's labeled 'argumentative' versus what often passes muster as 'opinion' or 'discussion'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...