Valued Contributor

Re: Is the Q Ending 24 Hour Programming?

@donovan wrote:

But it isn't preprogrammed shows, it is one show aired over and over and over again for 5 hours.

Why not at least different taped shows?  Why the same one?

Exactly! Whoever decided to do this is obviously on one. LOL Insane!

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

A bit off topic, but...I thought an interesting discussion.....

Mike George’s name has been mentioned in regards to this programming change, but I really wonder if he is indeed the brainchild of this latest move. He is President & CEO of Qurate; a position in the stratosphere of making billion dollar leveraged acquisitions or business divestitures.  I doubt he still gets in the weeds of decisions like live versus recorded shows at QVC. 

Qurate hired Leslie Ferraro to the newly created role of president, QxH, effective September 16. Ferraro leads QVC and HSN brands in the U.S., reporting to Mike.  She was with Walt Disney Company, most recently as co-chair, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media and president, Disney Consumer Products, for 17 years.  Perhaps this is her way of shaking things up.

Whatever or whomever, I still think it’s a terrible idea.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don’t care
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

A bit off topic, but...I thought an interesting discussion.....

Mike George’s name has been mentioned in regards to this programming change, but I really wonder if he is indeed the brainchild of this latest move. He is President & CEO of Qurate; a position in the stratosphere of making billion dollar leveraged acquisitions or business divestitures.  I doubt he still gets in the weeds of decisions like live versus recorded shows at QVC. 

Qurate hired Leslie Ferraro to the newly created role of president, QxH, effective September 16. Ferraro leads QVC and HSN brands in the U.S., reporting to Mike.  She was with Walt Disney Company, most recently as co-chair, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media and president, Disney Consumer Products, for 17 years.  Perhaps this is her way of shaking things up.

Whatever or whomever, I still think it’s a terrible idea.

Whoever is behind the decision they are seriously in over their head.  Beth, have you attended any meetings ?  What is the morale like at QVC over this move ?  I can just imagine the water cooler talk and whats being said in the host lounge.  All we can do is pen letters to QVC complaining about the decision.  Supposedly it is a "test" pilot so everyone should avoid buying any items during the taped segments to send a message.

Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

The Program Guide beginning next week shows repeats of shows beginning at 2:00 AM.  But my cable station shows programming.  I hope the Q is not going to 19 hour live programming.  That would be a huge mistake IMO.

I agree. I never watch the reruns. Now I’ll save money as I won’t shop during the reruns. Once is enough for me!

Valued Contributor

I should not care about these hours of programs since I am asleep...at least until the puppies get me up at 5am, but to me this is the most stupid idea yet.  If they want to do pre recorded hours then air programs from the prior day and not just the TSV hour over and over...and for this they need three channels!

Valued Contributor

I agree with you.  I feel they bought HSN to cut the competition, but in essence they bought a failing company and QVC is now a failing company

Occasional Contributor

i cant say how much of a bitter disappointment it is to learn that it appears that the 24 programming is done. I have to say what appeals to me most about the Q is that they do program 24 hours a day and i often struggle sleeping and watch late night early AM, and i do order then when i see something appealing. I also will record if i think im sleeping and go back if theres something i want to see. theres also the respect i have for a network willing to go 24 hours daily........i just learned of QVC two years ago and i have been hooked ever since and spent thousands of dollars ( no exaggeration) at this point. I look forward to knowing they are on every night or early AM.....and now im totally discouraged. Sorta lost its luster. Hoping so much they bring it back........

Occasional Contributor

I hope that whoever had this idea realized that this is a huge mistake I do not like hs n no matter how many products they show on both channels qvc was my go to but mostly watch and shopped during the night so maybe I will save some money, but they can quit saying saying that their audience is part of one big family, I do d it hard to believe that with qvc channels all over the world that they need to save money by cutting live prprogramming 5 hours a day. I feel bad for the hosts cuz I feel like they are suppose keep quiet and not say anything, I have noticed this week that they haven't been taking any phone calls on air, maybe I'm just missing them but I haven't heard any.  Very big mistake on qvc head ceo

Esteemed Contributor

@jeannie1 - In case it is helpful to know, at least during the kitchen shows this week, many callers were able to speak to the host and vendor on air, so I don't think that aspect is going away.