Honored Contributor

Re: Is the Q Ending 24 Hour Programming?

@stellabystarlight wrote:

The Program Guide beginning next week shows repeats of shows beginning at 2:00 AM.  But my cable station shows programming.  I hope the Q is not going to 19 hour live programming.  That would be a huge mistake IMO.

No kidding.  2:00 AM (I assume you mean EDT) is 8:00 PM (prior evening) my local time.  That’s prime shopping time for many!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Who cares? Who shops at 2AM? You should be asleep.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden,  I would guess that depends in which of the four times zones in CONUS or if you are in Alaska or Hawaii.

Midnight in Hawaii would be 6 a.m. eastern.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden,  I would guess that depends in which of the four times zones in CONUS or if you are in Alaska or Hawaii.

Midnight in Hawaii would be 6 a.m. eastern.

@Marp. Thanks for posting this. Sometimes I am on here late at night and see so many posters and wonder why there are so many other posters up so late. Then I realize why. My very late at night can be someone else normal evening time. So I guess there are people buying at ‘2 AM’.

Honored Contributor

QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com

Mods, do you know ?

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden, some people suffer from insomnia or illness or have other reasons for not "being in bed" during their overnight hours. For these folks, having QVC or any other live programming may be a great comfort during a long night.
QVC Customer Care

Hello Everyone!

We’re testing a potential change to our overnight programming. Effective Monday, October 7, 2019, QVC US will commence a multi-week pilot on our main channel, moving to previously aired programming in our overnight hours. The pilot will commence at 2am ET Monday, Oct. 7, at which time our main QVC channel will begin to re-air the midnight hour (inclusive of the TSV) from 2–7am ET every day. We will evaluate the performance over the next four weeks to determine impact and value of moving forward with a permanent, pre-aired approach.

Thank you

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update, @Beth-QVC. This definitely seems like an announcement worthy of being pinned to the top of a forum since many people will be interested in the details; perhaps you could have someone formally post this as its own thread?

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

Hello Everyone!

We’re testing a potential change to our overnight programming. Effective Monday, October 7, 2019, QVC US will commence a multi-week pilot on our main channel, moving to previously aired programming in our overnight hours. The pilot will commence at 2am ET Monday, Oct. 7, at which time our main QVC channel will begin to re-air the midnight hour (inclusive of the TSV) from 2–7am ET every day. We will evaluate the performance over the next four weeks to determine impact and value of moving forward with a permanent, pre-aired approach.

Thank you

Beth QVC

Beth please pass om word to management that this is a terrible idea.  It stinks to high heaven of a move to save money by reducing staff. Not only hosts but video producers, cameramen, and set designers will be forced out of work. In addition many people have trouble sleeping and turn to QVC in the middle of the night. Seems even more foolish to do this as we get closer to the Holiday spending season. Just a bad idea all around.

Respected Contributor

dang.  this news is disappointing.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~