Respected Contributor

Is the Q Ending 24 Hour Programming?

The Program Guide beginning next week shows repeats of shows beginning at 2:00 AM.  But my cable station shows programming.  I hope the Q is not going to 19 hour live programming.  That would be a huge mistake IMO.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is the Q Ending 24 Hour Programming?

HSN does it so maybe Q will too...if the sales don't exceed the cost of being live then it's a good business decision.

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight - There's another thread on this topic, if you're interested:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Program-Guide/m-p/5754478#M151269

I'm pretty sure the program guide on the website is just incorrect; there have been many glitches with it over the past couple of years. I guess we'll know soon enough!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Over the years there have been a number of hosts who never really made it past those overnight hours. It has been a good training ground for them. 

If the Q is losing money by live broadcasting overnight, then they wil make that change.

Respected Contributor

I have a 4 hour difference between Alaska and the east coast so the tsv is at 8 pm instead of midnight. I would miss overnight programming.

Honored Contributor

That's a pretty major change.  I wonder if they'll soon be making an announcement?  (I trust the Q's program guide more than that on my FIOS TV, which is often incorrect.)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i think it is an online program glitch.

if you view an online cable guide on your television you will see the upcoming shows.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I would go by the programming here on the Q site.  TV programming is often wrong.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Program guide is probably wrong @stellabystarlight , but if they are doing a temporary period of overnight reruns, it wouldn't be the first time.

Just a couple of years ago they did overnight reruns for a week or two while they were working (construction) on the sets.

And OH my!!! ...  the speculation and rumours that were flying around here about why they were showing reruns were quite entertaining!

Honored Contributor

Things change, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. However, if they made an announcement, it would end speculation .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan