Honored Contributor

Re: Is Free Shipping Really Free

@Sooner wrote:

Somebody pays shipping anything something is shipped.  UPS doesn't come and get it for nothing.  There is no free shipping.  So QVC is deducting their cost for shipping.  

When you get "free shipping" it is a discount. I keep saying  that because somebody has to pay shipping. It's all included in the price, no matter how it shows up on the screen.

@Sooner 

Bingo!   I've seen several comments on various threads indicating people think free shipping means nobody pays for shipping, but it gets shipped anyway.  People should know better.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Somebody pays shipping anything something is shipped.  UPS doesn't come and get it for nothing.  There is no free shipping.  So QVC is deducting their cost for shipping.  

When you get "free shipping" it is a discount. I keep saying  that because somebody has to pay shipping. It's all included in the price, no matter how it shows up on the screen.

@Sooner 

Bingo!   I've seen several comments on various threads indicating people think free shipping means nobody pays for shipping, but it gets shipped anyway.  People should know better.

Why should people think they are paying for shipping if it is advertised as free..of course, someone has to pay for shipping but it is not presented that way. People are not ignorant. When I shop at Macy's it is free and my cashback is what I paid minus tax. 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

Why should people think they are paying for shipping if it is advertised as free..of course, someone has to pay for shipping but it is not presented that way. People are not ignorant. When I shop at Macy's it is free and my cashback is what I paid minus tax. 

@elated When you shop at Macy's you pay shipping as part of the item price.  There is never free shipping.  Whether you see the charge or not, the reailer pays to have it shipped.  UPS doesn't drive those trucks because it is fun.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

@elated When you shop at Macy's you pay shipping as part of the item price.  There is never free shipping.  Whether you see the charge or not, the reailer pays to have it shipped.  UPS doesn't drive those trucks because it is fun.  

You are missing the whole point. I give up. 

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

Best to be happy you got money back with your coupon app at all. When I use Ibotta or Rakuten I am just glad I got the 10% back or whatever and consider it a bonus!

Esteemed Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

Best to be happy you got money back with your coupon app at all. When I use Ibotta or Rakuten I am just glad I got the 10% back or whatever and consider it a bonus!

I guess people aren't permitted to question policies due to lack of concern. Don't tell me just to be happy. That is very condescending. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

I agree - the customer should know better when it comes to Q.  

Q is not in the same arena as so many other retailers and won't be with current leadership. If you read their financial reports, shipping is profitable.    

I shop online and many retailers offer free shipping and credit the entire price of the item to rebate sites. 

Honored Contributor

@elated   S/H is free if you don't return the tiem. And if you return and use their prepd return label, you just paid $6.95 to get it back to them.  Your credit back should be $26.95, if my math is accurate. I believe they credit back the tax you paid too. 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I don't think I made my point clear, so here is an example:

Total Order.    $31.98  S&H Free  Tax $1.92 = $33.90

Reported to Cashback is $24.98

I hope this makes it clear. So, should the total reported be $31.98.

@elated I totally understand what you are saying.  Your total is $33.90 and only $24.98 was reported.  The shipping isn't even the equation here.  Why wasn't the full $33.90 reported to Cashback is what you want to know. 

Honored Contributor

@elated,

I totally get what you are saying too and have stated clearly.

The rebate amount should credit what you paid for the item.

It never includes shipping and tax so it shouldn't have taken off a shipping charge? or anything other than the full $33  and cents amount that you paid just for the item itself.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"