Esteemed Contributor

Is Free Shipping Really Free

I have been encountering problems with cash back. When I order on free shipping days, Q is reporting the order total minus the shipping charges. I understand tax is excluded but that is not the problem. Apparently, Befrugal has tried to get the correction but they are being denied. I have sent an email to the social team. Has anyone else encountered the same issues?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Free Shipping Really Free

@elated.  I don't understand, are you complaining that you don't get a rebate for shipping you didn't pay?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@elated so you want cash back on money you didn't spend??

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I made my point clear, so here is an example:

Total Order.    $31.98  S&H Free  Tax $1.92 = $33.90

Reported to Cashback is $24.98

I hope this makes it clear. So, should the total reported be $31.98.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@elatedso you want cash back on money you didn't spend??

You know that is not what I am saying. It wouldn't make any sense to expect cashback on money not spent.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if it is the same kind of thing...I use Mr Rebates.  When QVC offered multiple coupon codes leading up to the holidays, I made purchases through Mr Rebates.  They did not rebate back .  Did some research and found that they consider it as double dipping, they won't give a rebate of whatever percentage they were giving that day when I used a coupon code.

Valued Contributor

@elated  It seems your problem is that QVC reports your  item costing several dollars less than you are charged for it. I don't understand how QVC's free shipping plays a role in that.

Esteemed Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

@elated  It seems your problem is that QVC reports your  item costing several dollars less than you are charged for it. I don't understand how QVC's free shipping plays a role in that.

It only happens on free shipping days. Not items that have free shipping included.

Honored Contributor

Somebody pays shipping anything something is shipped.  UPS doesn't come and get it for nothing.  There is no free shipping.  So QVC is deducting their cost for shipping.  

When you get "free shipping" it is a discount. I keep saying  that because somebody has to pay shipping. It's all included in the price, no matter how it shows up on the screen.

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I don't know if it is the same kind of thing...I use Mr Rebates.  When QVC offered multiple coupon codes leading up to the holidays, I made purchases through Mr Rebates.  They did not rebate back .  Did some research and found that they consider it as double dipping, they won't give a rebate of whatever percentage they were giving that day when I used a coupon code.

I understand the coupon codes but this has nothing to do with coupons. It only happens on orders that were placed on free shipping days.