Occasional Contributor

Investigating missing delivery.

I placed an order on 5/27 for earrings. The tracking info indicates it was shipped 5/29 by UPS, it went through the UPS process until the tracking info shows "transferred to local post office" on 6/5.  It is now 1 week later and I still have not received the earrings.

Can you initiate a lost package search?  If it's lost do you send a replacement?  When?

Thank you for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Investigating missing delivery.

@QVCnana  Over the years that has happened to a few of my packages and I contacted the PO and they took care of the search finding some were lost so they contacted QVC and I then could get a refund or replacement.  

QVC Customer Care

Hi @QVCnana I sent you an email.

Respected Contributor

@QVCnana wrote:

I placed an order on 5/27 for earrings. The tracking info indicates it was shipped 5/29 by UPS, it went through the UPS process until the tracking info shows "transferred to local post office" on 6/5.  It is now 1 week later and I still have not received the earrings.

Can you initiate a lost package search?  If it's lost do you send a replacement?  When?

Thank you for your help.

This is called "mail innovations" where it's transferred to the USPS.  This is the cheapest method of shipping.  I have a lost package also that was sent out May 29th, it is now June 12th and it never moved.  It moved two places and is now lost, just sitting.  This mail innovations is the culprit.  Cannot understand why they don't just use Fed Ex and if the customer does not want to pay the shipping, then forget it but it's worth paying the shipping instead of never getting your order.  It's a serious, chronic issue that's not being addressed properly.  They expect YOU to chase either UPS or the post office.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had same situation with 4 orders (QVC) during the last month. 2 orders started as UPS, tracking stated transferred to local PO, never left UPS warehouse. The other 2 were all USPS--tracking stated left last location in NJ to my local PO--never received.  "Lost", I don't think so!  2 were refunded, the other 2 were replaced.  I have another one from HSN where same pattern evolving, will need to wait a few more days to see if it is indeed "lost".  Had the same experience about 5 yrs ago--ordered discontinued specialty knitting yarn and their USPS shipping method always had packages go through a PO in an area outside DC that was known for fraud and theft.  I lost 2 packages to that PO and of course the orders could not be replaced... both were very expensive and after the vendor's need to trace/investigate PO, vendor reimbursed my costs. Given how long it took and the difficulty resolving, never did business with vendor again since they wanted to blame me for using USPS rather than UPS/FedEx. 

Honored Contributor

There have been times over the years where I haven't received something I ordered.

I've called QVC and they just say, "OK we'll send another right out".  Sometime early this year I hadn't received something (forget what) and QVC sent a new one...but then I receive the other one.  So I called QVC and told them I'd received it and to charge my account.  She said, "Just keep them both".  Like I said I only remember that it wasn't expensive.

But the loss that bothers me the most is I ordered 2 pair of Sketchers (different colors).  They were the ones that are like air in the box.  Neither pair came.

I called QVC and told  them and they were like, "OK we will send 2 new pairs right away."

But the could only send me one pair because they didn't have any of the size I wanted in the other color....or any color.

I think they were in the same box and someone got 2 FREE pair of sandals.

It's not brain surgery to keep track of things sent out.  It obviously was taken by someone at the post office.  

I have a huge tupperware box at the top of my driveway for packages so I know it wasn't stolen at my house.

Package deliveries involving the USPS is a nightmare.  First package shipped by UPS and handed over to USPS for final delivery.  Sat at my local USPS for 12 days before it finally showed up (and by coincidence after I sent an email).  Second package all USPS was stuck in OH for 3 weeks before it showed up at my home in MI on week 4.  Third package all USPS sitting in a MI USPS for over a week and still no movement to my local USPS.  I have stopped ordering from anyone who ships USPS.

Esteemed Contributor

This is becoming a rampant problem with QVC.  I also have orders that never show up and the tracking info is either not available or stopped on a certain date with no updates.

I am seriously stopping ordering, even though I have cut down immensely over the last 6months to a year.   Everyone is so quick to blame UPS or the PO but why is it I am not having any issues with other online retailers???!!!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for your comments interest.  I had no idea there were so many problems with the transfer to USPS deliveries. 

QVC Customer Service emailed me and are trying to resolve.  Hope you get your issues resolved too.  Thanks