Contributor

Received a package today with 4 items inside ( one of the items was opened already) with separate shipping/handling charges for each item.   Total of charges was $18.00!

I have complained about this  before, and had my head taken off by another poster who said that "I knew that before I ordered" and stop complaining.   

Feel like this taking advantage of the current situation where some of us can't get to the stores and order online by necessity.    Toi literally throw 4 items inside one box and rip us off is disgusting and will truly discourage any further orders until "free shipping" is available.  

Honored Contributor

@redheadmimi 

I feel your pain☹️☹️☹️☹️

I had 4 items shipped in one box all on same invoice.  $28.20 s/h total.

When I returned due to "changed my mind" on 1 item -- return fee was $10.95🙈 -- reality cost me $18.95 to just see it, feel it & not like the quality😡

Stopped me from ordering again.  

Trusted Contributor

I received an eyebrow marker, ONE, and it was in a box the same size as they ship a pair of shoes in. The box was so big I couldn't imagine what was in it. To understand this, think of a pair of shoes in a box inside of a very large cardboard box. It blew my mind! I can't remember the shipping charges right now, but I remember my husband and I both thought it was hIghway robbery for an eyebrow pen. Back it went. I don't approve of that tactic. Ridiculous!

Esteemed Contributor

@redheadmimi wrote:

Received a package today with 4 items inside ( one of the items was opened already) with separate shipping/handling charges for each item.   Total of charges was $18.00!

I have complained about this  before, and had my head taken off by another poster who said that "I knew that before I ordered" and stop complaining.   

Feel like this taking advantage of the current situation where some of us can't get to the stores and order online by necessity.    Toi literally throw 4 items inside one box and rip us off is disgusting and will truly discourage any further orders until "free shipping" is available.  

@redheadmimi So you would rather they all be shipped and arrived seperately?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@redheadmimi wrote:

sayi

@redheadmimi So you would rather they all be shipped and arrived seperately?

I think she is saying they shouldn't charge shipping for each one when it was shipped in one box.  They should offer combined shipping.

Trusted Contributor

@redheadmimi wrote:

The shipping charges are clearly stated when you buy something.  Maddening they all came together?  Well the cost of shipping is shipping and Handling so someone has to handle each item.  

I myself am never surprised by shipping charges at the Q or anywhere else as I alway check it before I check out.  I would rather everything came together.  Why waste more trees than necessary

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain.  Now when I order from QVC and find myself lingering and thinking about buying it for days (even longer) before I buy.  I try to make sure that I really, really want/need it.  I will add, though, that my husband sells items on Ebay and many times he looses money because shipping is so high.  My Mom broke her Mickey Mouse cookie jar and I can't find the same for replacement so I decided to give her one on mine.  I collect Disney cookie jars.  It wasn't a large box and surprisingly not heavy but it cost $34 to ship (from GA to NJ).  Crazy!

Honored Contributor

Depending on the weight and size of the box, it might be less expensive for us to send something same size and weight to someone ourselves, so in this case, QVC's shipping is quite high.  

Instead of charging shipping for each item, charges should be based on total weight and box size.  Most likely, it would be less.  

Yes, I think this policy is a ripoff.  

Honored Contributor

I heard a report just today that many companies that offer "free" shipping are beginning to rethink that stance.

They say that while it does encourage people to order more, many times the items they're ordering are low profit for the retailer or the return rate is so high that they end up losing money.

Combine that with the higher shipping fees all the shippers are charging, I find more places I deal with are putting more restrictions on their "free" shipping and return policies.

Esteemed Contributor

@keithsmom65   ITA..........and BTW I am a Keith's mom too!