Esteemed Contributor

Re: “Inability” to Cancel Order—Attn. Mods.

@Shawnie wrote:

On Friday mid day i placed an order.  The next day, Saturday, roughly 24 hours later, i received information via this forum, a sneak peak etc I had not had when i placed the order.  So i tried to cancel.  Couldn’t online so i called CS.  Was told the same thing that it was in process, too late.  The CS rep did tell me that he put a note on that order that i would not be charged for the shipping if i returned it,  But Mods this is ridiculous in my book.  That order sat on Friday and through the weekend, and still sits, and yet it could not be cancelled.  Come on.  

@Shawnie  I had a similar issue.  You can't cancel within hours because the order is "in process", yet it sits "in process" for days.  I was told the same thing, that I wouldn't be charged for return shipping, yet I was.  Had to make another call to get my correct credit.

Esteemed Contributor

I never had a problem cancelling a order from QVC. But, I had a problem with Walmarts. Last week I ordered a hair dryer and then decided to cancel it.[all in the same day] I clicked on Cancel item and nothing happened. This was in the morning. I had to go to work so I decided to cancel by phone. The CS person said it was cancelled and I went on my way to work. After I got off work I decided to make sure as I used my phone to check the status of the hair dryer [as I brought a better  one from Amazon] that this was cancelled. To my horror it was not cancelled but it was shipped out in the same day and would get to me by the middle of the week. I tried calling again and I got no where. The item arrived at my door and I called again and the CS person said that I did not have to return the item to walmarts and that they were sorry for the mistake and that I will be fully refunded . I said thank you and hung up. Unbelivable what is happening with mail order items these days.

Occasional Contributor

I find it unacceptable lately, that orders cannot be cancelled shortly after ordered when it then takes 1 1/2 weeks to receive the items.  I'm really not sure what has happened but things have changed big time with QVC.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my gosh! This has happened to me twice. Earlier in the month, and again yesterday!  If this doesn't change, I'll stop ordering from the Q, even though I have been shopping for 31 years!

Okay, I saw Susan's reply from QVC. But I'm still very unhappy with the new ordering process. Prices on everything have gone up, but they can't get the business end straightened out. It's so frustrating! Grrrr!