Respected Contributor
Accepted Solution

Potstickers arrived THAWED OUT !

I just received my order for The Perfect Gourmet 125 count Classic Potstickers.  They were in my house as soon as they arrived.  In all three bags, the potstickers were soft and thawed out.  There was no dry ice in the package.  I am not happy about this at all and have questions as to if they are safe to eat !!

Respected Contributor

Re: Potstickers arrived THAWED OUT !

[ Edited ]

Somebody made a mistake.  It happens.  Call customer service; they should credit you.

Oh, and, no, they are not safe to eat.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Ohhh nooo...   I’m waiting for my first order!!  Got my fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy  Ditto what Peaches said. That's just awful.

Respected Contributor

DO NOT EAT THEM.  CALL CS.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unhappy camper but lesson learned. A few months ago I ordered a special configuration of pot stickers (classic with bonus minis) that arrived thawed. The box was so full there really wasn't room for much, if any, dry ice.

A few weeks ago I ordered another special configuration of pot stickers (125 count) that arrived today. Two of the three bags were fully thawed and the third bag was beginning to thaw. Again, the box was so full there was barely room for any dry ice, if any.  I knew as soon as I opened the box that they were thawed/thawing because of the aroma.  Frozen food does not have a scent.

A week or so ago my regular AD of pot stickers arrived perfectly frozen. There was plenty of room in the box for dry ice even though it was gone when I opened the box.

I will be very, very careful about ordering any special pot sticker configurations no matter how good the price if I order at all.

I think like so many previous food vendors they offer a great product then can't keep up with demand so cut corners.

ETA:  CS was terrific again this time and I requested they request that the vendor be notified about using insufficient dry ice to last two days.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids  ...Yes, it ''is'' awful !  I've ordered them from QVC before and they arrived still frozen.  While I realize it's summer weather, I would like to note again that I got them in the house as soon as they arrived.  The company should take more effort to have their product delivered frozen as they say when they sell it.  I'll not be buying anymore until the dead of winter ...and maybe not then.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda , I'm sorry this happened to you. I once ordered Cheryl's cookies and they arrived totally crushed and crumbled. I called CS and they were very nice and the cookies were replaced.  However, I decided I would never use bill to ship to as I would be very embarrassed if the recipient were to open a box of crushed cookies.

Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I just received my order for The Perfect Gourmet 125 count Classic Potstickers.  They were in my house as soon as they arrived.  In all three bags, the potstickers were soft and thawed out.  There was no dry ice in the package.  I am not happy about this at all and have questions as to if they are safe to eat !!

@sarahpanda  .... NO, THEY ARE NOT SAFE TO EAT!!!! ..... the same thing happened to me with the Corky’s baby back ribs ... they were all thawed out & no dry ice was left .... I called QVC & they sent me a replacement ....WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED TODAY..... it’s now almost 5pm & no delivery yet!!!! .... it’s hot  today & they have been on the delivery truck for a few days so I am concerned if they are going to be any good for the second time!!!! ...I GUESS ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO ORDER FOOD IN THE SUMMER!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@January121 ...It seems like UPS should put perishable food items on their priority list for early delivery...but I don't know their procedure.