Contributor

I ordered the Shark TSV on the 13th. I've seen  reviews of people receiving theirs and kept wondering when mine was going to ship, especially  since QVC guaranteed  delivery before Christmas. Looked at my order status just now only to have it show as backordered.  Interesting since it was in stock when ordered. I'm sure I'll see before too much longer that the order will be canceled by QVC and customer service will give me their standard blanket apology. 🙄 Please stop selling items you aren't able to get to your customers. Saying you're sorry or blaming vendors gets tiring. 

Contributor

Re: In process, now backordered

MissM, I ordered the diamonique dangle initial earrings. They were listed as " receive before Christmas." 3 days later I received a back order email. They will not be received before Christmas. Yet they were still on the website, "receive before Christmas." It was days later before it was removed. I had asked the question on the item page, why does it still say that when they are on back order? Oh well...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@MissM wrote:

I ordered the Shark TSV on the 13th. I've seen  reviews of people receiving theirs and kept wondering when mine was going to ship, especially  since QVC guaranteed  delivery before Christmas. Looked at my order status just now only to have it show as backordered.  Interesting since it was in stock when ordered. I'm sure I'll see before too much longer that the order will be canceled by QVC and customer service will give me their standard blanket apology. 🙄 Please stop selling items you aren't able to get to your customers. Saying you're sorry or blaming vendors gets tiring. 

Typical QVC nonsense.

Contributor

@Mick57 wrote:

MissM, I ordered the diamonique dangle initial earrings. They were listed as " receive before Christmas." 3 days later I received a back order email. They will not be received before Christmas. Yet they were still on the website, "receive before Christmas." It was days later before it was removed. I had asked the question on the item page, why does it still say that when they are on back order? Oh well...

I often wonder when this happens if it's due to where the item is being shipped to.  In other words, we can easily get it on time to this location but not the other. Those who get their items are happy campers while others buy into the "we're sorry " response and are forced to go to their plan B.

Respected Contributor

Lots of complaints from shoppers who act like this is a normal year.

Patience and good will are the name of the game.

For me, someday is better than never.

There is nothing on the QVC website that is needed right away.  You will survive until it is delivered.

Respected Contributor

I think where items are shipped from, and where they're going to plays into it. But I also wonder if shopping history, or credit history with QVC could also play into it.

And I never rely on estimated delivery dates. I've had several items on my doorstep days before I've been told they've shipped. I have items that have delivery dates after Christmas, but I see from tracking where they're currently located and I suspect these items will be delivered Tuesday at the latest.

And I think complaining that an item won't arrive by Christmas should be tabled until after Christmas.

Contributor

I'm not complaining about the item not arriving before Christmas.  I mentioned that only because it was part of their sales pitch. It's for me and not a gift. Although I don't post on here often,  I've shopped with QVC since the CVN days, usually a  few items or more a month. I have noticed that when an item, at least for me,  goes into backordered status,  its always canceled.  Again,  it's not me just  whining and complaining about a promised Christmas gift that didn't get shipped.  It's about their lack of fulfilling orders as well as the response that really doesn't do anyone any good. I have never received an item that went into backordered status.  QvC always canceled it. 

Not to mention that the hosts constantly tell you about the "trying times" and how they're going to help etc. Yes, I know it's a sales pitch. I  simply wanted an item they were selling and like with any other retailer, except to receive it. Especially when they brag about you getting it. Now, should I order a wait list item,  I'm taking my chances on ever getting it. But an in stock item shouldn't be an issue.  It's simple inventory control. To use the excuse of "during these difficult times " is getting old. Again,  if you can't deliver, just say so.

I was simply stating my personal situation and my frustration with it.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Contributor

I ordered the Shark TSV and received it fairly quickly. However, I also ordered the First Aid Beauty TSV and received an email from QVC saying it would not arrive in time for Christmas and it was listed on back order. I see where others got their’s quickly. I don’t need it for a gift, but am perturbed the order is back ordered since I PRE ORDERED it. QVC obviously did not fill orders on a first come basis.