Honored Contributor

the QVC email to send a question offline can anybody remember it ?

SocialTeam@QVC.com was it ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE

Their email addy is QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thanks !

Honored Contributor

Hey @SharkE ,  Did you ever get any snow?  Everytime I saw weather radar, it was snowing in Lubbock but not in Amarillo.  We just got a little rain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Girl, that was the biggest bust ever was ! we got NOTHING !

Weather channel I didn't think would be so hyper. Shouldn't be allowed to

scare folks like that. Hubbo went out and put block in his truck. Geared up for emergency, etc.

I"m not complaining, but, how can they go from 5-8 inches of snow to not even a raindrop ?   what ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  Rats!  I'd be so disappointed.  I LOVE snow.  Albuquerque must be one of the easiest places to predict the weather because they're close to 100% accurate.  Some places are hard.  Depends on the geography.

Honored Contributor

We had our fill of that business up in Ind why we moved down here to the land of flying dirt and high power bills. Traded one pain for the other LOL

North side of our house stayed froze for over a month he slipped on way out the door and damaged a hip. Chirpractor put him back to rights. Snow plow would come thru (we lived on main hwy) and throw mounds of snow on your mailbox and onto your driveway where we just got thru shoveling. When it would start to thaw water would freeze up on the power lines and snap from the wgt. Squirrel, one yr. bit into a power line, fried squirrel after that. POP !

Mail truck couldn't get thru half the time, water meter in front yard would freeze have to keep it covered down in the hole with a rug. Some yrs he would have to use blow dryer, run a drop cord to the water meter and unfreeze the componets of the water meter, so, we could have water again. In laws would have to get out and cut holes in the pond, so, their cows could drink. No place for old people up there. We got tired of that 'stuff' we cut our own wood and feeding that furnace all winter long for a 2 story house where all the heat went upstairs was just to much.

electric bills in Amarillo are never (in summer) below 200 and we've seen some 500 bills, blowing dirt keeps you with Endust in your hand week long, sun will bake you like a pie in the summer. Cops won't allow you to tint your car glass, he got pulled over and fined 200.  

It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other no matter where you go. sigh....

Honored Contributor

Over in Alburq. all we saw was flat roofs. I hollered "where's the gutters"?

LOL When we moved here to Amarillo. We had our house built while we were in Ind. So, Easter Sun in 2010 we arrived walk around the house and hollered "he didn't install any gutters and where's the crawl space"? LOL

So green. No houses down here have crawl spaces. sitting on concrete slab, no gutters don't need 'em , not gonna rain. We had lot to learn !

More ways then one.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  Now you've got me all depressed.  At least you should have moderate temps and blue skies for the next week.  That's a good thing.  I think I'd take the inconveniences of West Texas over what you describe in Ind.

Honored Contributor

yeah, everything that glitters isn't gold or sterling. Sure, it's prettier up there tall trees, grass, etc. My sister has to mow twice a week just to keep ahead and she's on 2 1/2 acres and husband is dead and she's 65 I'm 66.

we just couldn't pull the train any longer he's 69 working part time still.

Retiring in Oct.

Seems like this yr we went from summer straight into winter without so much as a how do you do. LOL