Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Thank you. I peruse posts occasionally but never thought to look for rules.

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I am new to reading and replying to some posts and didn't know there were rules, so I Learned something from reading your question. I thought it was just people giving opinions about this and that! Rules? 

@libbyannE

Here is a link to the 'rules' aka Community Standards, HTH!

http://www.qvc.com/QVCCommunity.content.html

Thank you! I peruse posts occasionally as I recover from an injury, but I never thought to look for rules about how to write! What is hth? 

I read this.  That's why I inquired.  The same rules are not applied here throughout.  Wanted to double check because I wasn't sure if it was my short time here.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I think there's a difference between a link and just giving the name of a company, but I never really cared enough to follow threads and find out.  I stopped ever clicking on a link here in the forums about 5 or 6 years ago.  Got a horrible virus and this was the only place I could imagine it might have come from! 

Scammers use links because people are basically lazy and they click on a link when they wouldn't go to the trouble of finding the exact site name and typing it in as they should/could.  And just the same, retallers know shoppers are lazy and like links. It's QVC's money paying for the forums --and they've decided they don't want to pay so we can easily shop elsewhere.  I might not love it, but it makes sense to me.

Not saying anyone here now is a scammer -  I just hate links and like that the mods try to get rid of them.  I don't care so much about their reasoning.