Occasional Visitor

Once again, my QVC order has gone missing from UPS Mail Innovations at the transfer point from the Besenville, IL facility to the Post Office. This has happened at least 5 times now with different orders. The current order (an Isaac M top) is the second time I have waited on Waitlist to get it and it has seemingly disappeared AGAIN. I wish QVC would give us other mailing options during checkout. I would pick straight from USPS or straight from UPS. I would even be willing to pay a couple of bucks more for the options. It's getting to the point where I will not order from QVC if it's going the Mail Innovations route.The odds are I will NEVER get the package. Calling Mail Innovations is useless as they say it's gone to the Post Office, but the PO says they never got it. I HATE this mailing option and will stop buying from QVC until they drop this option.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hate UPS Mail Innovations

QVC should give options and pricing rates for several options for us to select.  I'd pay more to have anything but Fed Ex!

Our UPS is ok, but only ok.  They have gone downhill in the last year or so.  Some people have lousy USPS, we have a wonderful one!

So QVC--let us choose how to get our packages.  Other retailers do!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

QVC should give options and pricing rates for several options for us to select.  I'd pay more to have anything but Fed Ex!

Our UPS is ok, but only ok.  They have gone downhill in the last year or so.  Some people have lousy USPS, we have a wonderful one!

So QVC--let us choose how to get our packages.  Other retailers do!  

My USPS is great too.  I’ve had the most issues with Fed Ex.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Delivery problems must depend on where one lives. My USPS is very reliable and I prefer them. Better than UPS. I very seldom get FedEx, but so far no issues.

The delivery service I absolutely dread is Amazon Local (AMZL).  I have had more bizarre problems with AMZL than all the others combined.

Frequent Contributor

@KnitterGirl I’ve had the same problems so I signed up for shipping notifications from UPS and then as packages are shipped I have the option of paying an extra fee (from $1 to $5) to have UPS do the delivery. This is an option from UPS and not QVC.  I pick and choose which ones I pay the extra fee ... usually for waitlist or items that I need faster - I live on the west coast which for awhile meant 10 day delivery.

This is is still super frustrating and more expensive but when I want an item, I tend to pay it.  

Valued Contributor

GREENCARDIGAN:  I agree on the 10 day plus delivery because of being on the West Coast.....disgusting servikce for the price we have to pay. However, when something is shipped from  Ontario, CA we get the products in a couple of days.  Why can't QVC have the same products in East Coast and West Coast warehouses......how many years has this gone on - way too many.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just today I discovered another missing shipment.  Those kochblume silicone brushes were shipped the 14th, shows transfer to UPS facility and nothing after that.  I have a PO box and I thought that was part of the problem, but now I just think they are incompetent.  Meaning UPS Mail Inovations.  

In what other service industry would this error rate be acceptable?  

Respected Contributor

I don't know why they give you the option of tracking when nothing is updated.  My item has been sitting in Bridgeport, N.J. for 6 days as far as I know.   My EDD is tomorrow so if it doesn't come, maybe it's lost, too.  I've never seen delivery problems like this place has.

Honored Contributor

As @ Montana said, and evidenced by other posts on this and other threads, the delivery service varies geographically.   I've been very lucky with my USPS and FedEx deliveries, UPS is sometimes the problem in my neck of the woods and I've occasionally had to call them and get a call-back from the local management office.

For this reason, it seems to me that no matter which shipping option QVC chooses it won't be a good one for everyone.

Retail websites don't always update their info, so years ago I signed up for the free tracking with FedEx, UPS, and USPS, as @greencardigan  mentioned.    The email and/or text notifications are usually immediate and accurate, plus I look at the sites to follow the activity.

These aren't perfect, but they've been extremely helpful in my experience.  Here are some links, for those interested. 

UPS My Choice 

https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page

FedEx Delivery Manager®

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/?locale=en_US 

Informed Delivery® by USPS®

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Occasional Contributor

I agree with you!!  There has been so many things i have never received,  and QVC is really slow...