Honored Contributor

I’ve looked through Q’s gold inventory since tomorrow is an all day gold day.  

Some thoughts for the gold buyer.

Why is there so little rose gold?  Where are 14k leverback earrings, chains, and bracelets in 14k rose gold?  

Q is bringing in some new, very high priced lines and a lot of the cheaper 1-2-3 gram items.  How about products in-between?  Yes, you have gold jewelry in the $400-$900 range but a big percentage is run of the mill or/and offered only in yellow gold.

Please do not put cheesy little lobster clasps on wider bracelets.  It ruins the look.  Customers have to either accep the cheap look or pay to have an appropriate clasp put on the bracelet.   FYI, the clasp should never be narrower than the bracelet if you really want it to look “high end.”

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I've stopped buying expensive jewelry.  I'm 72 and my daughter's and I have always had different taste.

I know anything of value I buy they'll end up hocking it.

There are a few things my late husband bought me that I kept and still wear.  Most of what he bought me (there was quite a lot of it) I gave to my daughters.

I have seen them wear various pieces, but not a lot.  My oldest daughter wears a large gold and diamond ring he bought me on my 40th birthday every day.  But other than that.....who knows.

I'll be saving money on that day.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Why is there so little rose gold?  Where are 14k leverback earrings, chains, and bracelets in 14k rose gold?  

Q is bringing in some new, very high priced lines and a lot of the cheaper 1-2-3 gram items.  How about products in-between?  Yes, you have gold jewelry in the $400-$900 range but a big percentage is run of the mill or/and offered only in yellow gold.

Please do not put cheesy little lobster clasps on wider bracelets.  It ruins the look.  Customers have to either accep the cheap look or pay to have an appropriate clasp put on the bracelet.   FYI, the clasp should never be narrower than the bracelet if you really want it to look “high end.”

Thank you.

so agree on the clasps so many times theres a nice bracelet but a chintzy clasp 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I've stopped buying expensive jewelry.  I'm 72 and my daughter's and I have always had different taste.

I know anything of value I buy they'll end up hocking it.

There are a few things my late husband bought me that I kept and still wear.  Most of what he bought me (there was quite a lot of it) I gave to my daughters.

I have seen them wear various pieces, but not a lot.  My oldest daughter wears a large gold and diamond ring he bought me on my 40th birthday every day.  But other than that.....who knows.

I'll be saving money on that day.  Ha!

uh oh @Annabellethecat66 there goes the "heirloom jewelry" spiel they have lined up 

which I hate by the way 

Trusted Contributor

Re: All day gold show input

[ Edited ]

Most of the clasps are those tiny spring ring clasps that get caught under your finger nail and I so despise them.  My favorite clasp is the large Seniorita clasp.  I noticed today on the Gold show from 4 to 5 pm that the gold was so very lightweight.  The byzantine necklace the host had on was so light in gold wieght that it would not lay right on the neck.  The 20 inch one was less than 7 grams so no wonder.  

When I buy a piece of nice 14k gold jewlery I LIKE for it to have some weight or else I pass it by.  Most of what they had on today for an hour looked to be something a young girl would wear.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why there is so little rose gold, but it looks like the gold jewelry they are trying to move today is nothing like the gold I bought back in the 90's. I personally do not want gold jewelry that is thin and chintzy looking. If you look at the reviews on this stuff, it's not very good. Gold jewelry was always expensive, but back in the day you were at least getting your moneys worth.

Frequent Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Thank you.

so agree on the clasps so many times theres a nice bracelet but a chintzy clasp 

@CalminHeart @jackthebear 

I agree with your posts!

Esteemed Contributor

My granddaughter is 12. I noticed she has let the holes in her ears close up again. 

I asked her “What’s going to become of all my earrings if you don’t want them?” 

Her answer was:”Sell them!”

So, I don’t need any more expensive gold. With the economy I MAY need to sell it!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99I'm so glad I wanted gold jewelry years ago when gold was so much less expensive than it is today.  I'd never pay today's prices for the gold I was able to buy then -  it would all be 4 or 5 times the 1990's prices at least and my income certainly is not 4 or 5 times higher.

Gold prices seem to be on the rise -  it could be tomorrow's prices will be as good as we see for a long time because the gold was purchased a few years ago when it was less expensive than the replacement willbe.

Esteemed Contributor

Spending all day on one type of product seems like a waste of expensive TV time!!  I won't be watching. I don't buy any jewelry anymore and don't really know anyone that still spends hard earned money on jewelry.  I am retired and just don't dress up like I did when working.   

And I like yellow gold.  My DD only wears silver and minimal jewelry at that... wedding ring and earrings.  So my pieces will probably go to nieces or be sold for money!!