Honored Contributor

Re: Handling Fees on Returns

@Ibby114

I also never use their return label, I can ship it cheaper and get credit sooner!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I shopped a new local store today.  Before I handed my merchandise to the cashier, I asked the return policy.  I can return what I bought but only with all tags still in place and my receipt.  That means no cost to return, BUT I can't wear what I bought and change my mind!

I'm always sorry to hear dissatisfied buyers everywhere who don't know policies where they are buying.  I never I bought much clothing from QVC. but I'm glad I did want to keep the 2 items I bought in 2016.  I know their shipping prices have gone down (I've profited big time from the new policy), but I also know that if I ordered lots of clothing, I would be likely to feel differently.

Honored Contributor

There is no handling fee.  The current rates have been in effect for two years in February.

Say you order a top.  Shipping is $3.  You return the top using the return label.  Return shipping is $6.95.  So $9.95 is deducted from what was paid.

Say you order a top.  Shipping is $3.  You pay USPS to ship the top back.  Return shipping is $0 (you already paid it).  So $3 is deducted from what was paid.

You can put multiple returns in one package.  You will only be deducted $6.95 on one item, plus the original shipping on each item.

Valued Contributor

Im so glad someone broght this up  I dont know how to start a new topic  We have to watch every move on our returns  I cant tell you how many times I have called  They fix them but it is like a full time job  The latest was a cancelled item all of a sudden wasnt cancelled  I called and told them what said cancelled all of a sudden wasnt she said they are haveing problems and they cant fix it  She said they have me marked so if I get it to send it back and they wont charge me  You know the rest  I had written a letter and put it on my slip and I still was charged 12 dollars for two ship rates  I wont bore you with several more stories  Even if you pay your  own shipping they charge you  Just everyone reading this we cant trust them anymore 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I just called customer service last night. I wanted to exchange a Denim & Co top for a different size. It's going to cost me $6.95 to return it and exchange it. Heaven only knows if they'll charge me again to send out the new one. I said to the Customer Service person - " You do know you're selling clothes on TV- right" I know it's not his fault but I was hoping my comment might get back to someone. SIzes are not consistent and meaurements mean nothing

HSN gives you Spendable Cash when you return many brands which takes the sting out of paying return shipping and exchanges are handled at no additional cost. In fact they'll send the new item out before they receive the old one - you just have to call.

Sadly as long a s people keep buying the Q will charge whatever. they can get.

Respected Contributor

When sizes aren't consistent, I think they should pay the return fee.  A few times I have ordered the same fashion in 2 different sizes;  they were the same size but label marked differently.  Lately I've been shopping more on HSN.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is shocking to me that people don't know this policy which has been in effect for a couple of years.  Either the CS reps are totally clueless or they are trained to tell people this is a "handling fee" rather than telling them QVC no longer refunds original s/h.  Others have posted that they were told it's a handling fee QVC now imposes which isn't true.

Paying s/h on your own isn't always cheaper.  I know first hand because I have been stung before thinking I'd pay on my own only to have my return fee higher than the return label.  And on top of that I've had to make the trip to the post office for the return.  Sometimes there are cheaper options but you have to go into the post office, you cannot use Click N Ship on your own computer nor can you use the shipping center in the lobby of the post office.

I shop with just about all the shopping channels. Right now, HSN is the only channel that refunds original s/h.  No other shopping channel does and I don't know of any other on-line site that refunds s/h if you pay it.  It wouldn't surprise me if HSN doesn't stop soon either.

HSN does issue spendable cash on smart label returns.  However, you must use an HSN card to take advantage of that.  HSN also only issues $5.00 in spendable cash, not the return label fee of $6.95 like they used to.  And HSN now limits that to 6 returns a year where before it was unlimited.  That $5.00 only stays on your account for a certain number of days before you lose it.  I'm sure HSN is making money or they wouldn't do that. How many people turn around and spend $50.00 because they have $5.00 in spendable cash?  In reality they would have been better off spending the $6.95 to return the item.  Now they've just spent more money.        

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Use your own label (not Q's) - usps.com provides discounted rates plus free tracking. I send a few returns in in the same package (with all reciepts) and have never had a problem. Yes, i still don't get back the original shipping cost but at least I'm not paying an additional $6.95 per item! 

@Ibby114  How do you get a discounted rate?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ItsME wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

Use your own label (not Q's) - usps.com provides discounted rates plus free tracking. I send a few returns in in the same package (with all reciepts) and have never had a problem. Yes, i still don't get back the original shipping cost but at least I'm not paying an additional $6.95 per item! 

@Ibby114  How do you get a discounted rate?

If you create an account with USPS, you can do Click N Ship which does slightly discount rates as opposed to going into a post office.  But not all the time.  However, many times the savings is a few cents to maybe a dollar. Sometimes you can save a better amount by going into the post office because there are only certain mailing options available on USPS.com but more are available if you visit a post office.

Any package over 13oz gets bumped up online to a different shipping method and the savings is negligible.  IMO it's not worth the trip to the post office. 

This is just a general comment and not directed to anyone on this thread but many times when posters talk about the great savings they received, they are putting postage on it and dropping it in the box with no insurance and no tracking.  I would never do that.   I also am not making a trip to the post office to save $1.00.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been a QVC shopper since the Kathy Levine days.  I have made many, many returns and never once has a return failed to get to them.  WHen I do a return I put my own label on the package and take it to the Post Office and bring the QVC label with me.  THey tell me the cost to return the item.  If it is more than the cost of the QVC return label I simply place the QVC return label on top of my label and hand the package back.  IF paying for it myself is cheaper than I leave it alone.  

I don't know if the QVC CSR's are calling not refunding the original outgoing postage a handling fee but if they are they need to stop doing so and explain exactly what it is.  IF customer's are interpreting it as a handling fee then. The customer is incorrect in calling it that.