Occasional Contributor

When did QVC begin charging an additional handling fee for returns?  Sadly, I just noticed.  QVC is about to lose a 20 year customer over a $3.00 service charge on a return.  I called Customer Service & was told this info is printed on return shipping label.  If it is, I did not see notice of a $3.00 handling fee.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handling Fees on Returns

This must be new and if true ,they should say that ,instead of saying try it at home for free and return if you do not like it!

Respected Contributor

Maybe you misunderstood.  I have not been charged additional fees.  I return on my own and don't use the return label. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariaRose

Are you confusing a 'new return handling fee of $3.00' for the fact that QVC no longer refunds original shipping charges, unless the item is defective or the wrong item is shipped?

If the item you ordered had $3.00 for shipping to you, you would not have gotten that $3.00 shipping back, except in the above circumstances.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

@MariaRose   So sorry for the confusion, I will be sending you an email with an explanation regarding the fees deducted.    Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@MariaRose

Are you confusing a 'new return handling fee of $3.00' for the fact that QVC no longer refunds original shipping charges, unless the item is defective or the wrong item is shipped?

If the item you ordered had $3.00 for shipping to you, you would not have gotten that $3.00 shipping back, except in the above circumstances.

@MariaRose

Sadly, @KingstonsMom is correct.  The moderator's probably sent you an email explanation by now.

It is NOT new.  This policy started in Sept. of 2015.

QVC no longer refunds original shipping when you return items.  In your case, they did not refund you the $3 bucks.  They didn't charge you an additional fee, they just didn't give you back the original shipping you paid.

Even if you pay your own return shipping and do not use the return label....they do not give you back the ORIGINAL shipping UNLESS it was their error (meaning, wrong item sent or defect)

The policy is on this website AND on all invoices.  However, those who don't come to these boards may never know this!  I see you are new to posting.

It has been discussed for a long time but if you don't come here...and hardly ever return things....why on earth would you be scouring for a policy change??  You wouldn't!

When you place an order by phone or automated ordering...this info is not given.

It is completely understandable that some customers wouldn't know this.

Honored Contributor

@MariaRose
If this is true, then the package I am about to send back using my own label will be more costly than just using their label. I have been using the return provided "Smart Label" $6.95 always and then decided to try using my own. The additional handling fee would not work for me in this case, that is for sure.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariaRose

So I ordered two LS Halston tops in the same order, but only one arrived.

CS has credited me for the black top.

The gray top which I am returning cost $3 to ship here, plus $6.95 to return -- the cost of the top at LTS price.

Actually, because I am such a good customer 😉and had lots of problems with this order (meaning three calls to CS) I was expecting them to void the shipping charges of sending one back. I may call.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Use your own label (not Q's) - usps.com provides discounted rates plus free tracking. I send a few returns in in the same package (with all reciepts) and have never had a problem. Yes, i still don't get back the original shipping cost but at least I'm not paying an additional $6.95 per item! 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

I will call and get straightened out.

i never expect to have my original shipping fee refunded (they may be referring to this as a handling fee).