Contributor

HSN Now using USPS for returns too!

I loved that HSN was always using UPS for returns. Helped to get the products returned sooner and your money credited. Today I received an order and there it was the return label on the box, really worst ever, with the USPS return. I figured it was a matter of time since QVC took over. Really sorry to see this happen. Returns are a nightmare at QVC. I realize the times are difficult right now but it's crazy. I found out you can call CS and explain you had your return scanned by the PO and they will credit you right away. They have done this for me twice now. One of the items still hasn't returned and it's been over a month. It's better then nothing I guess. Just make sure you watch them scan it and give you the receipt for the return. I don't just drop the boxes off anymore. Good Luck!

Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN Now using USPS for returns too!

Maybe I don't return enough items to HSN but I thought they've always had that return option. Sometimes it's UPS, sometimes it's USPS and sometimes you can choose either one. I remember going to UPS and it was a USPS return, lol.....that was 5 plus years ago so it's nothing new.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@friendscafe HSN has used usps for a long time.  I prefer using them for returns and have never had a problem.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I just recently returned something to HSN via the post office.  It got there quite quickly and my refund was issued.  No problems.

Valued Contributor

I love amazon returns , no packing , just a click on the computer and they send a return ticket for you to bring to the return centers with your purchase , as soon as they scan it , your money is right back on your credit card . They even take stuff at Kohls now ! It's so easy and free .

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I just recently returned something to HSN via the post office.  It got there quite quickly and my refund was issued.  No problems.

Same here.  I made a return from HSN and QVC the same day.  HSN sent me an email that my return was on the way and I had the refund about 2 weeks ago.  I only got my refund from QVC this week, so still much faster processing. 

Super Contributor

I needed to return an item to HSN.  I dropped it off at UPS on Monday afternoon and I was notified on Wednesday, by HSN, that my refund would be made.  Sure enough I received my refund on Thursday.  I do most of my ordering from QVC and wait weeks for refunds and wonder why it has to be this way.  Thank you HSN

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@judianne - That's not always the case with Amazon.  I had issues with two different shipments of food items.  Both were cases of canned food (British for my DH).

Both shipments were by UPS.  Outside boxes were fine.  But inside?  Damaged, leaking tins; a total mess.  And they were both in another inside box, with shrink wrapping, so the damage had already occurred before shipment.

Amazon allowed me a "one time courtesy" refund on one shipment, without having to return the items.  (But still a mess to dispose of.)

The other, I had to box up the damaged shipment and lug it to a UPS store.  Without doing that, I would not have been given a refund.  Well, let me tell you, lugging a case of canned goods and making a round trip of 40 miles (rural here) was not an experience I plan to have again.

I read reviews after that and in both instances, with the particular sellers, others had posted photos of their shipments arriving in the same condition.  No way will I order any kind of food like that from Amazon again.

(And, believe it or not, I wasn't allowed to post reviews on either item, as Amazon said I hadn't spent at least $50 in the "previous six months".  WTH???  Each box was that much!  I wanted to post photos to warn others.  I emailed them and just got a robotic reply with the same information.)

Respected Contributor

I have a item to return to HSN now and I thought it was to go by USPS, gave it to the mailman and he realized it was to be returned via UPS so he brought it back to me. I am taking it to a UPS store tomorrow so apparently  some things are still return via UPS . 

Honored Contributor

HSN gives two return labels, one usps and one ups.  I wish QVC would do that but then again HSN gives coupons out and it never happens here.