Occasional Contributor

Growing Frustrations

[ Edited ]

I have been noticing for some time now that the notorious "Backorder" status is becoming more and more intrusive.

It started with the Irish wool sweaters last month - and I can understand the shipping issues that were happening.

But now, I placed an order for a silver bracelet, on clearance, which showed as available - and then "backorder" happened. 

Not only did that happen, but a couple of days later, it showed as "Preparing Your Order", and then "Backorder" again. I'm just so dissappointed.

I have come to rely upon QVC to be just what their name illustrates - Quality, Value, Convenience - and use them for both personal shopping and for gift ideas.

My mothers birthday is this Friday - and her gift will not be here - it breaks my heart.

I do at least have the other two items I ordered for her. It just would have been so lovely to have the three pieces to present together.

Why is there no way to know if an item is available - especially when the system allows a customer to order it?

Occasional Contributor

@Kinski-QVC- can you help find an answer to this problem? I have ready wonderful things about your assistance with these issues.

Respected Contributor

Email the QVC Social Team ...  they are really great.  You can give them your specific info,  which you should not do here,  and maybe they'll be able to help.  If they have it in stock they may be able to overnight so you get it for your Mom's Bday.  

Good luck.

Occasional Contributor

@nyc1- I just did that. I will be hopeful that there may be a positive outcome. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@nyc1- heard back from social team. No help.

it is simply cruel to string customers along like this. Having to continually check the status of an order - hoping that it ships - hoping that you can meet a special day with a special item.

Sure, I can now go somewhere else, but what of the event that now goes without the items you wanted to give? Now, I have to stress if I can find something else, somewhere else, and hope it will get here in time. Or, to run from store to store, hoping that I can find something to substitute?

I wanted to maintain my loyalty to this company, as they had not failed me until recently, and I am not quick to pull the trigger on severing ties. But I think I have had my fill. I have a couple of of items currently in the "Preparing to Ship" category - and I will hope that they actualy are shipped - and then I am done with my purchasing from QVC.

Valued Contributor

@Jewellsh1 -- I feel your pain.  I've been stung by the infamous "back orders" a couple of times.  It started last July when I ordered an advance-order Valerie Parr Hill wreath during CIJ.  It still baffles me that an advance order can turn into a back order that will never be fulfilled.  (Did they forget how to count?!) The wreath, ordered in 2020, STILL shows as a back order in my order history.  I know it's never going to ship.  I sent a message to Valerie's team through Facebook, and they told me they're not getting anymore, yet there it is as a back order in my order history!  

I'm at the point where I won't rely on QVC to deliver as promised.  If I get it, great -- if I don't, oh well.  I'm definitely turning my head to other online stores.

Occasional Contributor

@Beauty Maven- I am realizing this sad fact. I have been emailing the "Social Team," which seems to have been reduced to sending really nice apology emails, rather than making any calls to vendors to see if they can manage any actual customer resolution.

I suppose saying "I'm Sorry" well enough is supposed to make it all better.

I have worked retail for enough years to know that sometimes you have to take extra steps to help make up for a mistake at the corporate/company level, in order to keep both your reputation as a business, and to keep the repeat business of the customer.

I am finishing my current purchases (so far as paying them off) and closing my account.

I'll just start shopping local. If I have to rely upon knowing I have it in hand - then that is the way to go. I'll just make the trip to ship it myself (if need be). At least I know it'll get there.

Respected Contributor

@Jewellsh1 wrote:

@Beauty Maven- I am realizing this sad fact. I have been emailing the "Social Team," which seems to have been reduced to sending really nice apology emails, rather than making any calls to vendors to see if they can manage any actual customer resolution.

I suppose saying "I'm Sorry" well enough is supposed to make it all better.

I have worked retail for enough years to know that sometimes you have to take extra steps to help make up for a mistake at the corporate/company level, in order to keep both your reputation as a business, and to keep the repeat business of the customer.

I am finishing my current purchases (so far as paying them off) and closing my account.

I'll just start shopping local. If I have to rely upon knowing I have it in hand - then that is the way to go. I'll just make the trip to ship it myself (if need be). At least I know it'll get there.

@Jewellsh1   You are absolutely correct.  They have helped me several times in the past which is why I suggested contacting them.   I'm sorry they were of no help to you.

I agree wholeheartedly... sometimes you have to work magic to make things happen, and yes, things lately are taking forever to ship.  I would think that if they don't wake up soon they will lose a lot of customers.  I realize the past year has been difficult,  but this has been going on for longer than that.  

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@Jewellsh1 -- I feel your pain.  I've been stung by the infamous "back orders" a couple of times.  It started last July when I ordered an advance-order Valerie Parr Hill wreath during CIJ.  It still baffles me that an advance order can turn into a back order that will never be fulfilled.  (Did they forget how to count?!) The wreath, ordered in 2020, STILL shows as a back order in my order history.  I know it's never going to ship.  I sent a message to Valerie's team through Facebook, and they told me they're not getting anymore, yet there it is as a back order in my order history!  

I'm at the point where I won't rely on QVC to deliver as promised.  If I get it, great -- if I don't, oh well.  I'm definitely turning my head to other online stores.

@Beauty Maven   I so agree with this comment. I still order from the Q but I don't order anything I have to have in a hurry......just NOT doing that anymore.