Occasional Contributor

What is going on QVC, every time I order a today special value and it's available when I place the order, it ends up on back order. How can it go from being in stock and 5 days later on waitlist?

also I placed a few orders from the kim Belle show and everything was available and I'm waiting for items to ship and now everything is back ordered or waitlist!

maybe it's time to improve something in your system or I will be forced to shop somewhere else.

as a loyal customer to QVC I'm getting very frustrated!

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting very frustrated!

I never understood how a vendor can sell an item that they don't have ready to ship.  Going from "available" to "back order"??  I am sympathetic.

Honored Contributor

Read some of the posts from as recently as yesterday on this subject.  There's a reason. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I feel your pain and have been complaining of the same for awhile now..  Some things that I ordered 3 weeks ago have not even been shipped yet.  No explination except being "delayed".  I have complained to CS, which has become the worst of late.  Very unhelpful and know nothing. Ask for a supervisor and you can't get one.. Noone available.  I think QVC is now selling merchandise that they don't actually have in the warehouse yet, just to keep the programming going.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624
No, there isn't a reason, just excuses. As previously stated, if Target can ship for FREE & in 2 days, no reason Q can't.
Honored Contributor

@shoechic   Target faces the same shipping problems as QVC but it's an entirely different operation.  If you have a b&M store you must have merchandise IN THE STORE FOR PEOPLE TO SEE.  They don't have TV to show it.  They can pull merchandise from stores to be shipped. Comparing Q to a store is like comparing apples to oranges.   You can bet Target's merchandise is just as slow to arrive. 

Whether it's free or you pay shipping has nothing to do with the shipping process. 

Honored Contributor

If you advertise items that you consistently do not have in stock, it is bait and switch and is against the law. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner    Suggest you read the definition of a bait and switch scheme.  This isn't it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If you advertise items that you consistently do not have in stock, it is bait and switch and is against the law. 

If you advertise items you don't have to induce people to place an order for that item, that's just bait. No switch. They want it, you don't have it. You entice a sale but never fulfill. 

Bait and switch is when you advertise something you don't stock to attract a customer and then sell something entirely different to the customer. When the customer doesn't get what you baited with and gets something very different, usually of lesser value or quality, but what you switched, it is bait and switch. 

if you still don't know the difference, here's more to read

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bait%20and%20switch

Honored Contributor

Maybe not bait and switch but how about fraud????  Definition:

a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

QVC is claiming it has products to sell when they don't.  Sounds kind of fishy to me.