Occasional Contributor

I know that QVC has stated some legitimate reasons, which are out of their control, for so many of their items now being listed as "Backordered."

That does not change the frustration of having to tell several people that their birthday gift will "have to wait" until their item actually arrives.  Smiley Sad

Is there any possibility of Customer Care actually being able to give the customers an idea of when the shipments might arrive?

At least this way I can have something to tell them?

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Jewellsh1 

Send an email with your order information to:  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

The moderators are your best bet to find out any available information on your orders.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The last I heard, there's a tremendous backup of container ships at the ports in California. And now, there's a blockage at the Suez Canal.  I would think it's very difficult for vendors even know when their imported goods might arrive.

Respected Contributor

My son works in warehouse logistics for an importer.  He told me there are delays in receiving container shipments at the Port of Elizabeth (at Newark Airport in NJ).  Also delays in trucking out the merchandise from that location.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette 

That mega-ship blocking the Suez Canal is blocking shipments worth $9.5 BILLION PER DAY and will have enormous consequences for the global economy.

Suez Canal: Grounded ship could be stuck for weeks, rescue chief admits | Daily Mail Online

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

Ugh.

So, this is like when a trucker goes ahead and takes a load through that is taller than the bridge. 

This is ridiculous.

So, now it seems that the prediction is that ALL of OUR costs will increase as a result.

Does not seem right.

But, 2020 opened a door to all kinds of strangeness and struggles, so nothing is surprising me anymore. Smiley Sad  Smiley Frustrated

Occasional Contributor

So, I can understand the problems in the Suez Canal, but what is the hold up at Port of Elizabeth?

Occasional Contributor

That is sad.

I really do not want to resort to using Amazon anymore. I am so over seeing them become some mega giant because of the current situation.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom    Considering the geography,  I doubt if most ships delivering QVC goods from Asia would be going through the Suez Canal.  It's in the wrong part of the world.  However, it has already started affecting oil prices. 

@Jewellsh1    I'm sure the CS staff would love to be able to tell people when their delayed merchandise will arrive, but probably even the captain of the ship its on doesn't know exactly when he will ll be able to dock and unload.  The West Coast ports are backlogged so it's a waiting game. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I wasn't referring to the shipment of QVC goods or any domestic goods being affected by the Suez Canal blockage, but more importantly the global impact on fuel prices, worldwide distribution of Covid vaccines, humanitarian aid etc., that have been mentioned in many news articles.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.