Super Contributor
  1. I had two returns and two requested exchanges.. I didn't see any new orders for the exchanges and called customer service ..the first one .. they rec'd it back and there was a credit..no exchange ..and I was hit with a return shipping charge.. the second was sitting in the return acceptance.. no credit no exchange.. when I explained to customer service on the first one she credited me the shipping .. canceled the order entered the correct shade and put in a new order.. On the second I explained to the customer service that this was for an exchange. and I should not be charged the return shipping .. and she ended up just canceling the entire order and that was it ..she didn't put in for my new order.. I just figured oh well.. the heck with it.. but what I am saying is watch your exchanges.. they are not being handled properly.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Free exchanges ?

[ Edited ]

@Chatyone 2 wrote:
  1. I had two returns and two requested exchanges.. I didn't see any new orders for the exchanges and called customer service ..the first one .. they rec'd it back and there was a credit..no exchange ..and I was hit with a return shipping charge.. the second was sitting in the return acceptance.. no credit no exchange.. when I explained to customer service on the first one she credited me the shipping .. canceled the order entered the correct shade and put in a new order.. On the second I explained to the customer service that this was for an exchange. and I should not be charged the return shipping .. and she ended up just canceling the entire order and that was it ..she didn't put in for my new order.. I just figured oh well.. the heck with it.. but what I am saying is watch your exchanges.. they are not being handled properly.

I know. That has happened to me twice. I send an exchange in with all the appropriate paperwork and they give me a credit when I have just checked and the exchange item is in stock. They just ignored the exchange. So, I gave up and now I just order the replacement item and return the original item. It is not right and it costs me extra money, but at least I get the Item I want.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know it is a waste of money to just return and re-order instead of going through the return process but that is what I do.  To me the shipping charge is not worth the hassel of trying to exchange.  Altho I must say I never used the exchange program so it may work better than I think it will, but with the slow shipping, slow processing, sell outs I figured it would end up being an aggravation rather than a savings of shipping charge.

When I receive an item that I really want that doesn't fit, I don't want to take the chance trying to exchange and not getting it so I am willing to pay the shipping.  It doesn't happen often enough to worry about a shipping charge.

By the time the return is received by QVC, then exchange processed, and the shipping time back to me, I could be a month or so before the replacement is finally delivered to me.  No thanks, I'll just re-order.

When I hear the hosts talking up the easy free exchanges, I just think "Yeah right".

Honored Contributor

QVCs exchange program has never worked satisfactorily since the day it was implemented.  It was a long time before even all the CS group was aware of it.  It was poorly planned and has never worked well.  It's much easier to do a refund so they frequently "forget" its supposed to be an exchange.  They need to revamp the whole thing and either do it correctly or forget about it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RealtyGal2 

Yes the same has happened to me a couple of times I sent items back as an Exchange and  the exchange was not done  and I was chargedd return shipping .

QVC seems to be notorious for  charging customers the return shipping  for exchanges  that they do not process and if you send the returns back your own way shipping option.

Personally, I gave QVC a try  a 2nd time  but I'm  going back to other companies that I have done business with  for years who do not practice these improper billing  antics .

Frequent Contributor

@KathyM23   I'm just experiencing this now and agree with your thought proess... it's more hassle to try to exchange because the EXTREME slowness increases the chance that the size/color I want to exchange for isn't going to be there by the time QVC processes my package. Actually, I contacted CS today about a shirt I sent back to exchange 10 days ago... still nothing. The rep said they don't have the package yet (I only live 4 or so hours from QVC). She just refunded my EP payments and I'll reorder the top.. much faster that way. 

Honored Contributor

I never knew a new order should be generated on an exchange.  But I'm another one who usually just returns and reorders the correct whatever.  If I want it I'm not letting all the extra time deplete the inventory of the one I wanted.

New Contributor
I “thought” when you exchange an item it’s FREE, like the hosts constantly say. But I recently was informed by customer service that if the exchange item you request is on waitlist or unavailable/sold out, you will be charged the return shipping. So, I said it’s technically not free exchanges like they consistently tell us on the show. There’s a huge caveat there. It’s flat out deceptive marketing and needs to be reported to consumer protection because they’re misleading customers and making us pay for something out of our control—like stock issues. I recently purchased ten items on four separate orders. I sent some items back for exchange, but only two of my items were exchanged. QVC withheld $46 of what should have been part of my credit. I called customer service and was told exchanges were not free if the item requested is on waitlist or unavailable. I ended up being given all of my money back that QVC was trying to pocket for themselves, but I had to spend nearly two hours going through my account adding up charges and credits, etc plus the time on the phone speaking with customer service. Unacceptable. They need to be reported to the consumer protection agency.
Respected Contributor

Plus the time spent searching and bumping a two year old thread.