Occasional Contributor

I spoke with Janet on the Live Chat who was no help with my order, all she said was she didn't know why my orders EDD had been changed from 12/21 to 12/24. She didn't even answer if my order was guaranteed to be here by 12/24. I spent money for express delivery for 12/21 and it changed to 12/24, why would I pay for the express delivery if the order was going to arrive the same time that QVC was promoting the regular delivery by 12/24? Makes no sense. I just wanted to make sure my orders arrive 12/24 and she couldnt even answer that for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: First Negative experience

I was just gonna post about how many Christmas' QVC  spoils for their customers because of their  SLOW delivery.

That is reall,really sad!  People depend on delivery when stated!!! If they continually find they cannot deliver................well,then they should be truthfull and say it!!!!

Many Christmas  mornings are spoiled, many grandkids are dissapointed  and many Christmas dinners are ruined by QVC's  INABLITY TO DELIVER ON TIME!!!!!

I really wonder how other companies do it so sucessfully ,while haveing many more customers than QVC.........  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I don't know when or what you ordered here are some things to think about:

• If you read the details on the Guaranteed Shipping by Christmas there are excluded items.  
  • If you placed or oder by Noon EST today, your item has not been shipped and there is no shipping info attached.  Until that shipping info is attached how could the Live Chat person be able to give you a guarantee.  Have some patience with the person who is trying to help you and only has limited info available at that time.
  • Always remember when you choose to submit an online order 1 week before Christmas you risk not receiving that item.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps you should order before the last minute. I am sure QVC is doing their best but a lot of the problem falls on the way it is delivered USPS is very slow at any time but this time of year they are working 7 days a week to try & get things to you. So consider the volume of packages & order early.

Esteemed Contributor

I have only had a few experiences where my orders were not delivered and I found that the real problem was my post office.  I really did not know how bad it was until the conversation was started on Nextdoor.  Our post office has gotten so bad, as in not delivering mail for days, that their corporate people had to get involved.  

The amount of holiday orders has to be overwhelming, so ordering at the last minute can cause many problems.   This is a major complaint every year, so it is best to always plan ahead or do much shopping in the stores in your town.  I believe that the people who put the orders together are probably doing their best.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Occasional Contributor

The items that I ordered had stated guaranteed shipping by christmas, I ordered them yesterday and made sure that they were able to arrive in time, hence why we paid the extra for the express delivery. I also understand that if the person did not know anything about the shipping information, they are just doing their best but she didn't even acknowledge my question about the EDD. I'm fine with waiting all together, but if she knew that the order was too far "in process" why could she have not given me any details about when the estimated date it was to ship at least? The least she could have done was say that there was no information when the actual delivery date was, rather than completely ignoring the question all together. 

Honored Contributor

@04112016 wrote:

I spoke with Janet on the Live Chat who was no help with my order, all she said was she didn't know why my orders EDD had been changed from 12/21 to 12/24. She didn't even answer if my order was guaranteed to be here by 12/24. I spent money for express delivery for 12/21 and it changed to 12/24, why would I pay for the express delivery if the order was going to arrive the same time that QVC was promoting the regular delivery by 12/24? Makes no sense. I just wanted to make sure my orders arrive 12/24 and she couldnt even answer that for me.

@04112016.  Janet probably didn't have her crystal ball plugged in.  There's no way a CSR would be able to answer the questions you asked.  They pretty much see the same information on tracking that you see.  Our national freight delivery system is over-whelmed with all of the internet orders.  Everyone is peddling as fast as they can to get their packages delivered before Christmas.  Delivery dates are not set in stone, are flexible and estimated.  Lesson for next year: shop early.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

What's the deal on UPS delivery by US Mail?  UPS delivers to area and it sits there for 24 hours or more before the PO picks it up, then it's delivery the following day.  Why not plain UPS delivery, or even straight PO service?  Now waiting for an order they said on air would arrive by 12/24, order form reads Estimated delivry is 12/24,  and checking status I learn the paperwork has just been prepared--hope it arrives at my house in 5 days. 

Honored Contributor

The local post offices are overwhelmed with holiday packages whether from Amazon, the Q or where ever. Our post office clerk mentioned they are making 2 to 3 extra trips a day to get the packages out. They are pushing things through and not catching or ignoring packages that have been ripped open. Of course they are not going to admit to that, and people don't care unless they are on the receiving end. At least the Q does not hassle the customer when stuff like that happens. I can only imagine the hoops you would have to jump through at Evine, if you called them to report you received a package that was ripped open and no contents. I do think if you pay for expedited shipping though, if it doesn't come through they need to at least return the shipping cost to the customer. At any rate I'm sticking with the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee,I wonder how Amazon can get it to me the next day or sometimes even the same day.........even for an item costing less than $10.00.........I'm sure they have many  more customers than qvc

.....and if my package arrives damaged (very,very,very seldom) they completely refund full price no questions asked.