Contributor

My husband informed me this morning that he continues to get facebook messages from QVC.  I don't have a facebook account.  How in the world did QVC send messages to someone that is not me--regardless of relationship.  I don't want messages designed for me sent to anyone else!  It is a breach of privacy.  What if my husband's account did not belong to my husband but a complete stranger. How dare you assume you can connecty me to someone else.  Has anyone else had this happen?

Esteemed Contributor

Did you ever use your husbands Facebook account? I know at one point QVC asked me if I wanted to be given updates on orders via Facebook & I said no.I have never received any.I do, however, get QVC adds on my Facebook  timeline.

Contributor

I cannot ever remember using my husband's facebook account and don't recall QVC ever asking me if I wanted updates via Facebook.  Just trying to figure all this out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook Messenger

[ Edited ]

@loisp,  If you're referring to Facebook Messenger...

In our shopping account settings, for some of us (seems to be a browser or device difference) under "Email & Mobile Preferences" there's a section for opting in/out of Facebook Messenger.   Also, on some orders evidently there's a check box for using Facebook Messenger for order info.   

Facebook Messenger has lengthy and broad opt-in agreements and permissions granted, and in some cases (such as using the mobile Messenger app) they access all your contacts and all their information and they use it.    This might account for their using your husband's name and account.

There have been other threads about this privacy concern -- I'll post a link for one from last autumn.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/QVC-Adding-to-my-Facebook-without-permission/m-p/4135009/...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

Thank you. I checked out my settings, and saw that my husband's account was shown but that the check box to send things to Messenger was not set. Strange that they were sending. I did click on the "Not you?" link but it didn't seem to do anything, Then I reloaded the page and his Facebook account identifier disappeared. Hopefully this will take care of the issue. Thanks again.

Esteemed Contributor

@loisp wrote:

My husband informed me this morning that he continues to get facebook messages from QVC.  I don't have a facebook account.  How in the world did QVC send messages to someone that is not me--regardless of relationship.  I don't want messages designed for me sent to anyone else!  It is a breach of privacy.  What if my husband's account did not belong to my husband but a complete stranger. How dare you assume you can connecty me to someone else.  Has anyone else had this happen?

They did it to me awhile ago. I was a bit upset as I don't trust messeger at all.   If you go on your settings, you can stop them.   If you and your hubby use the same computer, that may be the problem.