Occasional Contributor

Facebook Messenger & Price Difference

I just had a conversation on FB  Messenger with Brittany who was overall helpful, but when I questioned a price refund she told me to call customer service (which I have been on hold waiting for 1 hour 10 minutes now) and disconnected from the chat without another word.  I didn't appreciate that.  Just not good practice to "hang up" on a customer. 

Item A376658 is being sold as buy one, get the second top at $3 off. When I first bought them, it was $32.98 for the first one, $29.98 for the second one for $62.96 before shipping/tax.  Now at the sale price, it should be $25.20 for the first top and $22.20 for the second top for a total of $47.40 before shipping & handling and tax.  I was refunded, but it left me being charged $25.20 for both tops (no $3 discount for the second top) for a total of $50.40 before shipping and handling and tax.  So instead of getting the promotion for buying multiples, I was basically charged full price for both. My total refund including taxes was $13.25.  The difference between the two prices is $15.56 BEFORE tax, so clearly they didn't give me the price difference.

I tried again and chatted in FB messenger with Dee, who didn't help me either, but she didn't disconnect me so that was better. Neither rep understood that the second top should have been $3 less regardless if I purchased it at the higher price or the lower price.

It's only $3 and not worth returning the tops so I can get the better price because I'll be gouged on shipping fees.  Just didn't leave me with a great feeling.  Overall Brittany was very helpful, but disconnecting me like she did at the end overshadowed the experience. No rep should just disconnect like she did.

I've now been on hold for customer service for 1 hour 32 minutes. I just hung up. I kept holding while I was chatting on FB Messenger in case someone actually picked up so I could talk to them about this price difference, but alas, that was not to happen. Also, your online chat feature doesn't work.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook Messenger & Price Difference

@dimplesnwinks I've read posts on here for *months* that the on line chat feature does not work.

Honored Contributor

@dimplesnwinks 

i usually have good customer service via facebook messenger, but if you need further help, contact qvcsocialteam@qvc.com. they are all very quick and efficient plus you will have your emails that you can save.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@dimplesnwinks - I agree with the advice from @sunshine45 to contact the social team via email to see if they can assist you. However, based on QVC's price match policy specifications as well as my own experience, I'm fairly certain that you will not be given a refund on tax; the policy is only to match differences in the *item* price. I hope you get a satisfactory resolution of your issue...

QVC Customer Care

Hi @dimplesnwinks  I am sorry you had to hold on the phone so long for Customer Service. I sent you an email concerning the price adjustment.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc Thanks, I didn't ask for a refund on tax.  I asked for the $3 for buying a second item at the same time that was offered on the listing.