Contributor

Does anyone know what happens if I send a item back to exchange it for a smaller size, but per the item online it shows sold out? 

Does QVC just refund?  Or contact you for a different color?

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Rooney if you return an item and it is sold out before we can process an exchange, a refund is processed to your original method of payment. 

Esteemed Contributor

hi @Rooney thanks for bringing upthe problem with the so called free exchanges. chances are the item will not be available in the sie and clor you want

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

hi @Rooney thanks for bringing upthe problem with the so called free exchanges. chances are the item will not be available in the sie and clor you want

It really is a horrible exchange policy.  I like HSN's much better.  You can hit exchange and get the color or size you want and they give you some to send the other one back.  This way you know you are getting the exchange  you asked for.

They will refund you, but BE AWARE because this just happened to me, that if an item is out of stock there is NO FREE EXCHANGES!!!  Let me explain, they claim it is free and they tell you its so easy just put their already paid for return label on the package and send it back and yes if your item is in stock you are one of the lucky ones that don't get stuck with any additional charges but if your item is not in stock they deduct that return label shippng!!!!!  Sounds like there needs to be a class action suit brought against them for false advertising.

Honored Contributor

@justsaying wrote:

They will refund you, but BE AWARE because this just happened to me, that if an item is out of stock there is NO FREE EXCHANGES!!!  Let me explain, they claim it is free and they tell you its so easy just put their already paid for return label on the package and send it back and yes if your item is in stock you are one of the lucky ones that don't get stuck with any additional charges but if your item is not in stock they deduct that return label shippng!!!!!  Sounds like there needs to be a class action suit brought against them for false advertising.

@justsaying 

Have you called QVC about that charge?  Here's their online policy statement.

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @justsaying if you returned an item for exchange and stock was not available you will be refunded and should not be charged the shipping and handling. If you were charged on an exchange please email the order number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will look into it for you.

Esteemed Contributor

So I had an issue with exchanges, but not the same as stated in this post.  I ordered an IT lip serum. I twisted the item four times to open and the top broke off!! I did return the item asking for refund and stating it was defective.  Did not ask for an exchange. 

I then received an email telling me that they are sending me an exchange.  Called CS and returned the new, exchange item.  Do not want a new item...just want my refund with s/h included...  yikes!!   

Have mentioned before...had a CS person tell me that no one reads those return slips!!  Am beginning to believe it!!!!

QVC Customer Care

Hi @corita I checked your order and since the exchange is on the way back to QVC I issued a refund in full.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @corita I checked your order and since the exchange is on the way back to QVC I issued a refund in full.

-------------

Thank you very much!!!  I appreciate your help....