Super Contributor

What happens if I return an item for a different size and they do not have that size. I don’t want a different color. I understand there is now free exchanges. Do I now have to pay for the return shipping if the order can’t be filled in the new size and I get a refund?

Trusted Contributor

As far as my understanding goes, the answer is Yes. If you send back an item for exchange in same color, different size, and they cannot fulfill your request, you will be refunded your money, but return shipping charges apply as they would for any return ( other than a damaged item or they shipped an incorrect item) . 

If it can’t be exchanged, it is treated as a return, so payment is refunded and return shipping charges are accounted. 

Regular Contributor

The exchange policy clearly states that they will not deduct the return label charge.

Respected Contributor

Be careful...   I sent several things back for exchange, and they RETURNED them instead and issued a credit MINUS the charge for return postage.  The item I wanted exchanged WAS IN STOCK!   I called CS and they made the adjustment and were very helpful. 

If the item you want to exchange is not in stock you will get credit but pay for the return postage.

Trusted Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

The exchange policy clearly states that they will not deduct the return label charge.

Absolutely true,  unless the exchange can’t be fulfilled. Then it’s not an exchange, since no item is sent out to the customer. It’s a return. And all returns have return shipping deducted from the refund. 

Respected Contributor

On the Return Policy Page the Q says if it is not available they will issue a refund for the item and not deduct the Q return label.  

Regular Contributor

if they don't have the size you want in stock they will not deduct for the label. In effect it does become a return and not in exchange but it becomes their problem and not ours. I think it's very fair.

Super Contributor

@Cwoldie  @gizmogal

QVC's written policy clearly states that they will NOT deduct the Q Return Label fee if an exchange is not available.  If a customer service representative tells you different, refer them to this page  http://www.qvc.com/FAQReturns.content.html#answer11.  Now, that doesn't mean that the return/exchange department will process your refund correctly in the event an exchange is not available. You will need to monitor your account and contact customer service if you are wrongly charged the return label fee. 

-----

What's your policy for exchanges?

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Labelwithin 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

(http://www.qvc.com/FAQReturns.content.html#answer11)

Honored Contributor

You don't pay return shipping if the item can't be exchanged for another.

Frequent Contributor

I just received an item which I bought in my normal QVC size.  It didn't fit (was huge).  I don't see the item available online now in the size I need.  I just spoke to the a team member who put me through to the Returns department and was told that I will have to pay the return charges - that it will be deducted from my refund!

So I came to the community and know that I was given the wrong information from that rep.  It is clearly listed on the exchange policy.  This is very frustrating!