Honored Contributor

I ordered 2 GILI Door Mats ( 1 Palm and 1 Stripe). The Palm Print is lovely but the Black and White Stripe one is defective. The white paint came off on shoes and was brought into the house on to my carpet. We scrubbed the residue off the carpet last night.

I contacted Customer Service and was told nothing could be done unless I packed up and sent this rug back. This rug is 30x48, made of coir and rubber, and very heavy. We trashed the packing material when we unpacked it.

We got so frustrated last night trying to find something to pack this thing in as it was falling apart and we were getting paint all over us.

This morning my husband threw it in the back of his pick up truck and took it to work to throw in the dumpster.

The reviews on this outdoor mat all say the same thing...the paint is coming off.

H218887 in the Black and White Stripe is defective and customers should be credited for this product. 

Trusted Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I ordered 2 GILI Door Mats ( 1 Palm and 1 Stripe). The Palm Print is lovely but the Black and White Stripe one is defective. The white paint came off on shoes and was brought into the house on to my carpet. We scrubbed the residue off the carpet last night.

I contacted Customer Service and was told nothing could be done unless I packed up and sent this rug back. This rug is 30x48, made of coir and rubber, and very heavy. We trashed the packing material when we unpacked it.

We got so frustrated last night trying to find something to pack this thing in as it was falling apart and we were getting paint all over us.

This morning my husband threw it in the back of his pick up truck and took it to work to throw in the dumpster.

The reviews on this outdoor mat all say the same thing...the paint is coming off.

H218887 in the Black and White Stripe is defective and customers should be credited for this product. 

I would call customer service again. Sometimes you get a different person who will handle this differently or contact the QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com they are wonderful in handling these situations and respond quickly.

Trusted Contributor

My goodness I just the read the reviews and this rug is definitely defective. Please do as I mentioned above. When they see the reviews I am sure you will be issued a refund. 

Good Luck but don’t give up. 

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON.  I'd contact our mods direct by email.  Qvcsocialteam@qvc.com.  include order #.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@DREAMON   I am so sorry to see this happened.  I will take a look at the order, I am certain we can assist. 

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @Lucylu12 ,

My problem was resolved by @Susan-QVC .

Third time was the charm. 

Thank you again @Susan-QVC ..for taking time to look at the reviews and understanding that this truly is a defective product.

Trusted Contributor

So Happy it all worked out. QVC has excellent customer service. Sometimes you do have to try more than once. 

Trusted Contributor

Also glad to see it worked out.  The reviews are horrible.  I didn't get the mat, but waiting for the palm accent rug to ship.  Glad I'm in no rush.  There is one five star review on that so we'll see.  

Respected Contributor

GILI is such a bogus brand.  My best advice: order NOTHING from GILI.