What is going on in this world? I always braggedd about my QVC purchases and their Customer Service. Latley it seems like  not so much Customer Service.  I wanted to order two humidifiers. The shipping on each was $5.50  WOW!! 11.00 for the two . So i got on the chat site and basically was told it is what it is. GEEE well guess what i went else where and purchased my humidifiers with free two day shipping!!! My Q shopping will be very limited now.

Honored Contributor

Well, they couldn't give you special consideration on shipping charges just because you are....you.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know if you bought same machine Q sells - elsewhere but............watching demo last night and noted the big difference in their humidifier - and not in a good way.

I have 4 or 5 dating back 5 years or more - first one showed the humidity in your house - several selection settings by % - lighted round dial plate, etc.

Was shocked at what I now see them offering.  I'd shop elsewhere too.

Honored Contributor

What do your humidifiers have to do with customer service?  It has been QVC's policy for years that shipping is charged on each purchase.  Just because an entitled you wasn't given special consideration , doesnt make CS bad.  That's company policy.....for everybody.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

A lot of people wait for free shipping days to order items like that.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Don't know if you bought same machine Q sells - elsewhere but............watching demo last night and noted the big difference in their humidifier - and not in a good way.

I have 4 or 5 dating back 5 years or more - first one showed the humidity in your house - several selection settings by % - lighted round dial plate, etc.

Was shocked at what I now see them offering.  I'd shop elsewhere too.

@fthunt they got rid of that version a few years ago.  I currently have 2 models, one with the humidistat and the one I bought a couple of years later that doesn't.  They're both the version with the tall output and both have the water vessel separate from the electronics portion, a big pro for me.  I'm not sure the humidistats are that accurate, but I agree about not wanting what they are currently selling.

Something else I didn't hear in the presentation, at least what I heard of it.  Those ceramic filters apparently are not considered permanent if you have hard water.  They have  a specific hard water filter, but it has to be replaced every 2-3 months.  So, I use distilled water in mine. I had 2 smaller ones prior to getting the two I have now and they both ended up leaking, so I always put mine in a large plant saucer just in case.  I never figured out why, but surmised it had something to do with my hard water. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 I believe she was told by CS "it is what it is" and she didn't like that comment.

Honored Contributor

@Consuella C wrote:

What is going on in this world? I always braggedd about my QVC purchases and their Customer Service. Latley it seems like  not so much Customer Service.  I wanted to order two humidifiers. The shipping on each was $5.50  WOW!! 11.00 for the two . So i got on the chat site and basically was told it is what it is. GEEE well guess what i went else where and purchased my humidifiers with free two day shipping!!! My Q shopping will be very limited now.

Why did you order if you saw what S&H was?

Respected Contributor

I put them on my Wish List and wait for a free shipping day like we just had recently.  I'm enjoying waiting on all my goodies I bought.

If you need them sooner go elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Customer Service!

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

@Kachina624 I believe she was told by CS "it is what it is" and she didn't like that comment.

@LindaSal 

I am not certain those are the exact words the CS rep used.....I assumed the OP was paraphrasing.  She said  "I WAS BASICALLY TOLD, IT IS WHAT IT IS"  That's paraphrasing to me.

To me, the OP thought it was poor customer service because she wasn't given a break like she wanted.