Super Contributor

I bought the Lamo boots that were on sale about a week ago (A385739). They just arrived, and upon removing the tissue paper I was scratched. At first to thought it was the zipper but, as I was checking to be sure it wasn't something else, I noticed the fur wasn’t sewn in a large area. It seems it wasn’t caught by the surger in a 2” line. Where the edge was singed, to melt the edge since it’s fake fur, it’s sharp, and the back is sticky from where it’s glued to the suede. It's already peeling up a good inch from the suede and seam. I know with time it will continue to peel up, scrape my foot, and pull out of the surging on the other side.

Does this constitute a damage return, or will I be charged for returning them?

6CCECC32-0D41-4DE2-BBF3-074E64ABB3DD.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Constitute “damaged”

Heck yes.  That is damaged merchandise.  Mark it as such and explain the problem on the paperwork.  Plus I always write, "Do Not Charge me Return Shipping," when I send something back that is damaged or defective.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care    No, it's not damaged, it's defective.  You will not be charged returned shipping.  Return and mark it defective.  Watch your refund to be sure you're not charged return shipping. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@Ane1Care wrote:

I bought the Lamo boots that were on sale about a week ago (A385739). They just arrived, and upon removing the tissue paper I was scratched. At first to thought it was the zipper but, as I was checking to be sure it wasn't something else, I noticed the fur wasn’t sewn in a large area. It seems it wasn’t caught by the surger in a 2” line. Where the edge was singed, to melt the edge since it’s fake fur, it’s sharp, and the back is sticky from where it’s glued to the suede. It's already peeling up a good inch from the suede and seam. I know with time it will continue to peel up, scrape my foot, and pull out of the surging on the other side.

Does this constitute a damage return, or will I be charged for returning them?

6CCECC32-0D41-4DE2-BBF3-074E64ABB3DD.jpeg

@Ane1Care Absolutely, it is defective and should be return for refund or replacement.  Please let us know if you need any assistance regarding the return, we are happy to help. 

My apologies, so disappointing, 

Susan

Super Contributor

Thank you for your replies! No need to apologize Susan, sewing mistakes happen, especially when being rushed in textile mills (I grew up surrounded by mill workers spanning generations. It’s a stressful, thankless job.). If I could’ve fixed it without ruining the boot I would’ve but, it was in an awkward position. I did return them via USPS this AM. It should show tracking later today. While my town is getting bigger, the post office is still just one or two people depending on the day. Thank you for your help everyone!