Esteemed Contributor

Computer still in process ten days

I was told they are building it in China I Kidd you not. Est delivery date 12/12.  I could not cancel  about three days ago and can,t go out and get one.  I ordered on the 27th of Nov.  A few days ago, they were selling them again. Other people have received theirs.  I received the card for the bundle of ads ons, but no computer.  

A couple of years Ago HSN took one week for me to  receive .v  THIS IS VERY UNACCEPTABLE.  I SHOULD HAVE GONE TO COSTCO O THAT DAY. No computer now.  I might not accept it at all, refuse delivery

Honored Contributor

Re: Computer still in process ten days

I, personally, would never buy a computer from QVC or HSN.  I'd much rather buy such a purchase in person, be it from Apple, Best Buy, Staples, etc.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in this situation too.....but mine does allow you to cancel it...so I am thinking it hasn't been processed at all....there is no tracking# yet est delivery date is 12/8...sooner then yours even.  And many others have gotten their computer like you said.  

I did post to get another update and this forum mod told me on another thread that I will get it by the 8th or a few days later....w/o a ship/tracking#??  I have called and I get told I will get it by the 8th....I just don't believe it with no tracking# and I can still cancel it if I wanted too!  

I am just hoping there is some major glitch in the system and my order didn't just get "missed" totally.  I did see them selling more the other day too and thought how can you take more orders when you haven't even filled mine?

I wish they had told customers how long it really would take to get so people knew up front....I would still have ordered it...wanted that Gold Flower one 17" no office....but then at least I wouldn't have been under the impression I was getting it anytime soon!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition  As I just mentioned in a similar thread the same thing happened to me in August. When I finally got the laptop it was a dud.It ran slower than my 8 year old one!! I returned it & purchased one from Costco.

Costco had a newer model at a better price.Costco gives customers 90 Days to return.They also include a four year warranty & free tech support for the life of the laptop.

I will never buy a laptop from QVC again.

Oh, one more thing.The sales rep in Costco advised me not to pay extra for office.I was buying the laptop for my son who is in law school.He advised me that Microsoft gives office to students for free for the life of their computer. That saved me an additional $100. When QVC spends hours selling these laptops they never mention that students can get office for free!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

I, personally, would never buy a computer from QVC or HSN.  I'd much rather buy such a purchase in person, be it from Apple, Best Buy, Staples, etc.

@qvcaddition,  I have to agree with @Krimpette.   I would not purchase a computer, or any electronics, from a Home Shopping Network.  They tend to sell older models at outrageous prices.  Your best bet is to go directly to the manufacturer or Staples, Best Buy, etc.  

Regular Contributor

We bought a Dell laptop for my son from Costco online last Christmas. It was on sale and we liked the extended warranty they offer. The computer took longer than expected to be delivered because-as we discovered- it was being built in China specifically for us! All of the warranties and bundled software came but we had no computer. Then, around three weeks later, it shipped directly from the factory with the serial number already registered to us. I had never heard of that before, but maybe it’s more efficient and cost effective for the vendor. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition. You've been around these boards long enough to know that there are constant complaints about the slow shipping time for computers.  Theres no way a tech savvy buyer would purchase from QVC.  Next time you'll know.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment