Valued Contributor

Clearance items: Returnable??

On some "Fashion" items where there is a "Clearance Sale Price," there appears a message, and I quote: 

Important Details

QVC's Return Policy does not apply to Blowout Clearance Price items. QVC will only accept returns or exchanges for product defects or QVC errors. Call Customer Service at 888-345-5788 for such returns.

This message does not appear on other "Clearance Sale Price"  items.

Are "Clearance Sale Price" items returnable, i.e., under QVC's standard return policy?

Super Contributor

Re: Clearance items: Returnable??

To be on the safe side, I would call the customer service number and ask. If they say you can return the item, maybe go ahead and place the order with the customer service representative. I had this same question with the "as-is" items. A customer representative said that the items were returnable for 30 days. Still, it's best to ask than to purchase the item and find that the sale is final. 

Honored Contributor

@JGalt If you can't get through to CS, send an email to:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

They are fantastic at helping with things like this. Give them you name, account number and what you need to know.

Honored Contributor

Regular clearance sale items are returnable.  Only those clearly marked as "blowout clearance" are not returnable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624, I had assumed such, but then noticed the message is not shown under all "Clearance Sale Price" items.

(I have not come across an item marked Blowout Clearance, thus was confused.)

I find under the new mixed up QVC (unlike the company I patronized for decades) calling (and waiting for) Customer Service yields me different answers from different agents.  I was hoping the employees who monitor this thread were better informed (since their replies are in writing.)

Thanks to all of you who replied to my question.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to say I'm finding this confusing as well.  In the past, when they did "Blowout Clearance Prices", it said that against the individual item.

Now there seems to be a big banner at the top of the screen but, when you click on an item, it just says "Clearance Price" or "Sale Price".  It would never occur to me that these items couldn't be returned for any reason other than defects.

I do think some clarification is needed, as many of the prices for things I looked at aren't that significant a saving.  Not like the time they had a huge "Blowout" sale and things really were rock-bottom prices and were clearly labeled "Blowout Clearance Price".

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I have to say I'm finding this confusing as well.  In the past, when they did "Blowout Clearance Prices", it said that against the individual item.

Now there seems to be a big banner at the top of the screen but, when you click on an item, it just says "Clearance Price" or "Sale Price".  It would never occur to me that these items couldn't be returned for any reason other than defects.

I do think some clarification is needed, as many of the prices for things I looked at aren't that a significant saving.  Not like the time they had a huge "Blowout" sale and things really were rock-bottom prices and were clearly labeled "Blowout Clearance Price".

@Venezia 

I agree things should be more clearly marked if they're not returnable.  It's confusing the way it's set up now, and I bet they'll have trouble with customers in the future unless they change it.

I think anything not returnable should clearly state that--not only on the product page, but on the checkout page as well, before you click to place the order.

Respected Contributor

Blowout clearance are deeply discounted products, and are clearly marked.  I have only seen any a couple of times, and they were clearly marked as non-refundable.  Different from clearance items, which are refundable.

Confused yet?  Man Happy

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peaches McPhee - Type "Blowout" in the search bar.  It will bring up a banner that says "Fashion Clearance Blowout" with lots of options under that.  It says in that initial box that sales are final.

BUT if you click on an individual item, it's just the normal sale or clearance price with no mention of non-returnable or "blowout clearance".

This is not the same as the blowout clearance they had a couple of years back; not even remotely comparable.  I wouldn't order any of these items, for the minor savings, unless I was assured in writing that they were returnable for whatever reason.