Respected Contributor

Check your payment methods, everyone!

Twice today I've placed orders and had them default to PayPal.  That is NOT my preferred payment method, and I did not change my account to make it my preferred method, either!  I was able to edit the payment method on the first order, but not on the second order, and when I tried to cancel that order, placed only minutes before, I could not do so.  I called a customer rep who was able to remove PayPal as a payment method from my account, so no future orders will default to it, but the rep was also not able to cancel the order, she had to bump my cancel request to the shipping department.   So something is going wonky with the Q's computer system (NOT news, I know, it is seriously messed up!) but right now that wonkiness is affecting our payments and our accounts, and that is most decidedly NOT OKAY!  So make sure your account is acting the way you want it to, fellow customers.  I sure won't be placing any orders in the near future, unless or until this gets straightened out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Check your payment methods, everyone!

mine defaults to my Q CARD.

not sure if i can change that permanently, but i do know that i can just use the drop down menu to change my payment method and my easy pays.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

That's what I thought I could do, too, @sunshine45 , but something is wrong with how the QVC website is handling my account right now, it won't let me make changes or edits when it used to, and still should, and actually changed my account preferences without my permission!  That's why I posted, to warn people to check their accounts, the website software is not behaving normally.  Just because it worked right yesterday does not mean it will tomorrow. 

Regular Contributor

I agree something is wrong. Two things I noticed today when making a purchase:

1. My total member credits is not showing on the"Order Review" checkout page. What shows is the total $ amount of the order being placed that will be applied towards the credits on my account. My member credits balance used to show, but no more...shows order total toward credits.

What good is this...I want to know/confirm the amount of credits I have without having to call or chat.

2. My QCard is not showing as a default payment option or payment choice. When editing my payment method, I have to click "View All Payment Methods" at the very bottom to see and select my QCard.

Frustrating, hope these are glitches that will be fixed. I chatted with CS to advise of this issue.

Hopefully these problems will be fixed. If they are permanent changes,  they're horrible and not user friendly at all. Why am I not surprised??

Scratch head

Respected Contributor

Did you ever pay QVC from a pay pal account?  If it's on file, they sometimes can choose the wrong one.  If it's on file then just delete it off.  Anyone can click on the wrong choice.  Maybe that's it?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had the same problem 10/2 (Sunday).  I use 2 cards with one that is the default card unless I choose the backup card.  Yesterday I noticed it was defaulting to the backup card I use infrequenty. I just checked and it is doing the same thing today, defaulting to the infrequently used card!

Update 10-09-22:  The system is still defaulting to my "backup" card.  QVC needs some upgrading to more competent IT staff based in the US, not overseas!

Respected Contributor

I tried to delete PayPal from my payment methods, @77yangya , but the system would not allow it.  A CS rep had to do that for me.  Neither of us could cancel the order, but the CS rep said she would send the cancellation order to the shipping department and they would cancel it.  They did not, so the item shipped anyway.  Now I have to pay the postage to send it back!  I am NOT a happy customer!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just came here this a.m. to see if anyone else was having trouble with payment method. Last night, a new order initially was rejected, and when I looked, payment had defaulted to PayPal. I was able to change it. This morning, I received a notice about an Advanced Order that needs payment methods updated. I wonder if it is yet another IT snufu or if something else is going on. Thanks for starting this thread CamilleP.  

Update: I went back into the advanced order information for which I was directed to call CS. (It is too early yet to call CS.) I think I was able to make the change myself. It seems that the advanced order was marked with the correct payment method on one screen but had defaulted on the next screen to an earlier version ( exp. Date) of the credit card.  IT folks need help.