Esteemed Contributor

Can A Moderator Please Help?

I ordered 2 pairs of the Lori Felt TSV Jeans right after midnight when they were first introduced.They were listed as "in processing " every day I checked.Today I checked & now they are on backorder.

Can a moderator please explain to me what happened? When I bought them they were available.I didn't buy them as an advance purchase.Why would  QVC sell something that isn't available?

QVC Customer Care

Re: Can A Moderator Please Help?

Hi @NicksmomESQ 

Unfortunately the pants are temporarily out of stock, and we are in the process of obtaining additional inventory. We’ll continue to hold your order and make every effort to have it fulfilled. If you’d prefer not to wait for stock to arrive, you can choose to cancel your order.

Barb

Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Barbara-QVC  But I don't get how they were available when I ordered them & for nearly half the day, & suddenly they go to back order. They weren't out of stock when I ordered them.My daughter in law ordered a pair, same size, several hours after I did & she got hers.

I know it isn't your fault but something is very wrong here. This is no way to treat good customer.

QVC Customer Care

@NicksmomESQ  unfortunately some colors were more popular than others. We are currently working with the vendor to fulfill all the orders. We appreciate your patience. 

Barb

Esteemed Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@NicksmomESQ  unfortunately some colors were more popular than others. We are currently working with the vendor to fulfill all the orders. We appreciate your patience. 

Barb

@Barbara-QVC  I understand that but when I ordered  mine,soon after midnight my colors were available. QVC shouldn't have continued to sell merchandise they sold out of. At some point they should have switched to waitlist or advance sales.They know how much stock they have.Also orders should have been filled in the order that they were received.My daughter-in-law ordered hers several hours after me.

Perhaps you can pass along my disappointment so this doesn't keep happening.

QVC Customer Care

@NicksmomESQ  I would be happy to forward your feedback.

Barb

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

Barb

@Barbara-QVC  I understand that but when I ordered  mine,soon after midnight my colors were available. QVC shouldn't have continued to sell merchandise they sold out of. At some point they should have switched to waitlist or advance sales.They know how much stock they have.Also orders should have been filled in the order that they were received.My daughter-in-law ordered hers several hours after me.

Perhaps you can pass along my disappointment so this doesn't keep happening.

ITA with you @NicksmomESQ  - I'm sorry this has happened to you, b/c as you stated it's not right and for exactly the reasons you listed. I really hope they make this right, b/c they should.

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

I’m practically a broken record about this. I obviously have no way of knowing for sure, but I’m positive QVC does two things: (1) oversells to account for eventual cancellations and (2) processes orders on a last in first out basis. So, when there aren’t enough cancellations, the people who ordered first get the dreaded “backorder”. I’ve seen it happen here and personally too many times for it not to be true.
Valued Contributor

MODs I need help too.  Yesterday mid morning I ordered A374242 Isaac's TSV and I ordered Tamale Red in medium.....they had that color in other sizes but not medium or small so I clicked on waitlist - NOT SOLD OUT!  Now today I go look up my order and it is no where to be found and all of Isaac's TSV were gone with no waitlist.  Also yesterday I ordered from Macy's some shoes to go along with that sweater so now what am I to do - go through the inconvenience of returning the shoes to Macy's because you do not know what you are doing with your orders>  PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION!

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@grooms 

I have checked your account and I do not see anywhere an order placed on the 17th. In fact, the last order was placed on the 14th. Please check whatever payment method you used to see if there is an authorisation that I could use to locate the order. Please send that information to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

Beth QVC