Esteemed Contributor

CS people that are online are not too bright.

I ask what are the chances of getting a back order item, She replies we do not know when or if inventory will be available , or when it will be shipped or when it will be shown on air again.

Like why would I care when it was going to be shown on air?  So leave me hanging.  I explained that the item was in process and now on backorder.  What are my chances of getting it?  Sat there like a dummy waiting forever and no response.  I am not impressed with  the CS online.  

If this is how QVC is going to conduct business they will go down the tubes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CS people that are online are not too bright.

Sounds like she told you truth.  They don't know.  What else was she suppose to say?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal  Well I guess they would know how many backorders get canceled and how many are actually sent.  To ignore, and not end the chat, is not a way to conduct business.

Let me add that in almost all cases, they say something and ask if there is anything else they can do for you.  Don't just ignore the person.  

QVC Customer Care

Hi @BalletBabe, I am so sorry this happened. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will be happy to look into this for you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was told a long time ago that backorder means you will get it and that seemed to be true except for one time when I received a letter saying the item I ordered was no longer available and they cancelled it.   My question was why did it show as available (in stock) when I placed the order?  

Honored Contributor

In a situation like this how could they really know?  If it's on backorder there is no way to know if stock were to  become available to air it again.  I would have asked to speak with a supervisor who might be able to know of a contact to get this info.  I also would suspect that training for CS is not that thorough so it's not fair to proclaim someone not too bright!!!  They can't tell you what you want since they do not have access to the info.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe-that might not information the CS is no privvy to, maybe one of the mods can research it for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alice-QVC  Thank You! 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't ask if it was going to be on air again.  I never saw it on air in the first place.   I understand that they might not know.  Your missing my point and my question. I will talk to Alice at social team.   Should have just written them in the first place.

You can ask for a supervisor all you want, they will not send you to one.  Do you realize how many customers a day probably ask for a Supervisor?  I bet thousands. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Alice-QVC  A special thank you to Alice on the social team for finding out that the item I was trying to get was discontinued.   Now I don't have to wonder.  I have to say that I will always write to the social team in the future if I have any issues.  They are the best!

I know being a CS rep is a hard job,  because I did it for a few yrs.  I just want to say thanks to QVC for this Social Team they have, because they are the best!