Regular Contributor

CHECKOUT and SPEED BUY

[ Edited ]

Attempting to order items in cart, but nothing happening???   Tried both Speed Buy and Regular.  Just "sits there".  Nothing moving.  

QVC Customer Care

@barefootwillow wrote:

Attempting to order items in cart, but nothing happening???   Tried both Speed Buy and Regular.  Just "sits there".  Nothing moving.  

@barefootwillow   I am sorry you are having trouble.  It sounds like a systems issue with your browser, try using another browser, please let us know if it continues, we will see how we can help. 

Susan Q-Social

Regular Contributor

@Susan-QVC 

Thank you for responding, Susan.  I just saw your email.  I finally was able to place my order.  Did NOT use a different browser.  Just kept trying and it finally worked.  

Regular Contributor

Some days pictures show on your website and other days, they do not.  When searching for items, when the page has no pictures, you have to stop and read each caption for each item.  Then if I am interested in it, I click on and when it opens, a picture finally does appear.  This is not very practical.  I reported this a little while back and it seemed to get better.  Now it is happening again these last few days.  My understanding by posts I have read is that other people experience this issue also.   Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: CHECKOUT and SPEED BUY

[ Edited ]

@barefootwillow,  Often the 2 issues you mention are browser-related,  frequently caused by old cookies/cache/website data in the browser or by older operating system or browser software versions.  

This website is unreasonably sensitive to those 2 things, so checking to be sure all software is the most current version and also regularly removing all browser cookies/cache/website data, then closing the browser and relaunching it, are the best first-line troubleshooting steps.   Also, be sure to have at least 2 browsers installed and up-to-date to easily switch and see if one works better than another.

I know posters are tired of hearing this, and the technical glitches can be aggravating, but it's been a problem with QVC's site for years and unfortunately they're not resolving it so we have to do this "device housekeeping" ourselves.   The QVC "powers that be" don't seem to care.  I'm sorry you're having problems.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thank you for your comments.  The interesing things is somedays it works okay and then other days it doesn't.  And the pictures on the main page show with no problem.  

Honored Contributor

Re: CHECKOUT and SPEED BUY

[ Edited ]

@barefootwillow wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Thank you for your comments.  The interesing things is somedays it works okay and then other days it doesn't.  And the pictures on the main page show with no problem.  

You're welcome, @barefootwillow!image.gif   You're right, we might see these problems one day and then not the next.    The tech staff often makes changes to the site in the background, and that causes unpredictable glitches that come and go -- and especially so if we have old browser cookies/cache/website data or older software versions.    Even an old bookmark/favorite can cause this, directing us into a server or cached area that isn't updated or has other problems.   Then there's the problem of this website being so unstable and error-prone.   It's a technical mess, in my opinion.    I know it's a pain in the neck, and I'm sorry you're experiencing problems.   Hope you have a great day and weekend!🌻   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova