Respected Contributor

I am requesting the new poster who is Born2Shop rename their posting name/avatar. I do not understand why this person was allowed to have the same name as mine.  I have been a poster on the forums for many years and have cultivated many friends that I don't want to be mistaken for Born2Shop, especially based on the new postings.  Please help!

Honored Contributor

Re: BornToShop, Born2Shop???

@BornToShop - I was surprised, too, to see a new poster with a nic so close to yours.  Clearly, they don't take into consideration case or "sound alikes".

My first response, when I saw those other posts, was "Wow!  This doesn't sound like her!"  Then I realized it wasn't you!

I agree - they should make that new poster change his/her nic immediately.  (That's if it is a new poster.  We all know that some of the same posters just keep registering under "new" nicknames.  This one almost makes it seem deliberate.)

If you don't get a response here, you should email the moderators directly about the issue.

Honored Contributor

I don't think there are any checks and balances on user names. When I first started posting the nic I chose was exactly the same as another poster. I didn't know this until I saw a post with my nic but it wasn't my post! I quickly picked a new nic. 

Since this was a complaint post by a new poster I doubt they will post again. They usually don't.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia @proudlyfromNJ  I have emailed the qvc social team for assistance, thank you for your responses.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop 

I absolutely understand where you're coming from, but I'm not sure that we have any copyright to our screen names.

Maybe you should do a siggy that will show with every post you make, 'The ORIGINAL @BornToShop , which will help alert other posters that there is a similar screen name posting, so they won't be confused.

The same thing happened to me with posters with similar names, so I changed mine to initials for my original name.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@BornToShop @KingstonsMom  I think IG's idea is perfect!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop,  @KingstonsMom is right...   the system permits variations on nicknames, so it's hard to control even though I think most (maybe all?) of us understand that a name very similar to ours can cause confusion and even misunderstandings.

Bad news:  there's a fairly new glitch some posters have reported.   

When they tried to change their nickname in their shopping account (that's where it's done, by the way -- the nickname is not available for editing in our Community settings) for some reason the Community forums do not reflect the name change.   

Even after they sign out and back in, and their QVC.com shop account info does reflect the new name...  when they come to the Community forums the old name is still here.

Unless/until IT support chooses to address this, we're stuck.   I think @KingstonsMom's suggestion about a siggy is a great one!

Here are some old instructions I posted a few years ago in case someone here isn't sure how to add a siggy:

Under "My Settings," then under "Personal" click/tap the sub-category "Personal Information."

Be sure to click/tap "SAVE" after making your changes.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains confidential information - our email state that all information within that email is confidential.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want to help the siggy stand out, there are some formatting options.

To italicize, precede the signature with <em> and end it with </em>.

If you want the signature in bold, precede it with <b>  and add </b> at the end.

If you want to be creative with the siggy and add color, this is a copy of the instructions I've been posting since we moved to the new platform:

Precede the signature with

<font color="nameofcolor">

but don't use "nameofcolor" literally...   fill in the color's actual name between those quotation marks.  

You can end with </font> but actually the system will fill that in for you.

Link to all the color names:
http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

As an example,  here's how I typed mine in with HTML code (I chose to make the siggy a dark black, bold, and italicized).:

<font color="black"><em><b>⭐️“When all of this is over, one thing that will really matter is how well we treated each other.” (source undetermined)⭐️</b></em></font>

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo You are the BEST!!  Great info!