Occasional Contributor

Be the rainbow...not the cloud!!!

[ Edited ]

I am reading through the various posts over the past 2 days and I am truly saddened and perplexed by the toxicity of some of the responses to posts.

QVC customers are using this as a resource to get help, advise other shoppers etc.  And what do some people do?  Judge, name call, use condescending language towards a  fellow shopper that just needs guidance.

If we cant treat each other with kindness on A QVC FORUM--what does this say about the discussions and challenges facing us everyday?

Special thank you to those responders that are truly helpful to each other.  There is clearly not enough of that on the QVC forums/blogs.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be the rainbow...not the cloud!!!

It no longer bothers me as it used to. There's much more good than bad on these forums. However, if you ever wonder what happened to the mean girls in high school .... they get older.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Donna0303 WOW! You stated that eloquently! I share your sentiment, but as @jeanlake  noted, there are more positive than negative-thank goodness. I happen to enjoy a spirited conversation, but without the behaviors you describe.😊 Things are improving lately, as I've noticed the Mods are doing a great job filtering violations of the community guidelines.👍👍

I also notice you do not have many posts, so please do not allow those things to dissuade you from commenting, and "rain" on your parade. Enjoy!😊

~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Daniel Amens is a physical and founder of Amen Clinics and BrainMD. Double board certified psychiatrist and best-selling author. I'm a fan of his "Ants in The Brain" phrase. Automatic Negative Thoughts. We've all been there and most of us have had to find a way to break away. Dr. Amen states we deal with 40K negative thoughts a day. We have to decide how to deal with these thoughts when they zoom past our brain. It's like ants in the brain. It's a lifelong effort winning the battle against those pesky ants. What I see with chronic negative folks is they just haven't mastered the ant infestation. When they or their loved ones get sick enough of it -- they will. Or not. I just know they aren't allowed to summon the ants into my brain. They're not going to drag me down.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

It no longer bothers me as it used to. There's much more good than bad on these forums. However, if you ever wonder what happened to the mean girls in high school .... they get older.  

Great comment @jeanlake 

Super Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Donna0303 WOW! You stated that eloquently! I share your sentiment, but as @jeanlake  noted, there are more positive than negative-thank goodness. I happen to enjoy a spirited conversation, but without the behaviors you describe.😊 Things are improving lately, as I've noticed the Mods are doing a great job filtering violations of the community guidelines.👍👍

I also notice you do not have many posts, so please do not allow those things to dissuade you from commenting, and "rain" on your parade. Enjoy!😊

~~All we need is LOVE💖

Well said, @SandySparkles .  How wise of you! Smiley Happy Heart

Honored Contributor

You know, I see very little mean or condescending posts here.

There are and always will be a few people here and there (for whatever reason) sees the glass 1/2 empty....as they say.

Even with those people, we shouldn't judge because we are all the sum of our experiences.  None of us knows what makes someone have difficulty seeing every day as a joyous celebration.

Here's my philosophy in life "If we look for the weeds...we will fail to see the beautiful flowers.   Why not overlook the weeds and enjoy the flowers?"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The world is not all milk and honey.  There will always be positive and negative views on the same topic.  Everyone is different and has different feelings.

Every once in a while I do see some mean comments and some have even been directed my way.  I am an adult and I can handle it.  I can and do push back.  I am a strong women.

The posters who post regularly on these forums are just a small percentage of society, but they seem to come from every walk in life and represent many different life experiences than my own.

I just deal with it.  I have two options.  One is participating on the forums...taking in the good with the " bad" and the second is just leaving and not posting anymore.  Everyone else has the same two options.

If you choose to post or read here, you should be prepared to take some " heat" from time to time.  It's just the reality of life.

I think the majority of us try to be kind and helpful, but sometimes we have a bad day...and it shows or someone just misunderstands our intentions.  Not everyone expresses themselves well and many, many people can read, but do not comprehend what they are reading.  

IMO, it is just better to overlook and forgive those who are negative posters.

Frequent Contributor

@Donna0303  Thank you for this.  Seeing things like this here is encouraging.