Super Contributor

Be CAREFUL With QVC GIFT CARDS!

So I had purchased a QVC gift card for $50 at our local grocery store, as it then adds to your fuel / grocery perks lol, and as I have often done in the past (and it hasn't always gone well, should have known better) I called QVC Customer Service and asked them to please Close it out and ADD IT AS CREDITS, to my QVC account ~ The CS rep even reiterated how much it was for, confirmed it was being CLOSED OUT AND ADDED as credits to my account - 45 minutes later, I went to purchase an item on the QVC app and guess what?!
My $50 credit was NOT there. I was like great, here we go - I called QVC CS and it was very frustrating and went basically nowhere, they claimed something was wrong with the system and try "calling tomorrow morning".
I then sent an email to QVC Customer Care explaining what happened and at first got a response saying they would take care of it immediately, then I got a follow up email saying sorry, we can't do it right now will need to send a request for it to be manually done, and- IT WILL TAKE UP TO 72 HOURS. REALLY?! I just don't know what to say anymore, getting very dissatisfied and disappointed with QVC lately, this sadly isn't the first time this has happened but in the past, they resolved it MUCH quicker than 3 days later. I was counting on using the gift card as a purchase for a gift for a family member, this is a huge inconvenience.
What did the ORIGINAL CS rep do wrong is the question? So unhappy ugh Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Re: Be CAREFUL With QVC GIFT CARDS!

@DooneyGal2.  There was a feature on the news last night, may have been national news, about how hackers are stealing the numbers off gift cards in displays in retail outlets, draining the accounts, then the buyers discover they are worthless.  This could have been the problem with your card.  I wouldn't buy a gift card from a store display.  Hope this works out satisfactorily for you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@DooneyGal2 wrote:
So I had purchased a QVC gift card for $50 at our local grocery store, as it then adds to your fuel / grocery perks lol, and as I have often done in the past (and it hasn't always gone well, should have known better) I called QVC Customer Service and asked them to please Close it out and ADD IT AS CREDITS, to my QVC account ~ The CS rep even reiterated how much it was for, confirmed it was being CLOSED OUT AND ADDED as credits to my account - 45 minutes later, I went to purchase an item on the QVC app and guess what?!
My $50 credit was NOT there. I was like great, here we go - I called QVC CS and it was very frustrating and went basically nowhere, they claimed something was wrong with the system and try "calling tomorrow morning".
I then sent an email to QVC Customer Care explaining what happened and at first got a response saying they would take care of it immediately, then I got a follow up email saying sorry, we can't do it right now will need to send a request for it to be manually done, and- IT WILL TAKE UP TO 72 HOURS. REALLY?! I just don't know what to say anymore, getting very dissatisfied and disappointed with QVC lately, this sadly isn't the first time this has happened but in the past, they resolved it MUCH quicker than 3 days later. I was counting on using the gift card as a purchase for a gift for a family member, this is a huge inconvenience.
What did the ORIGINAL CS rep do wrong is the question? So unhappy ugh Smiley Sad

@DooneyGal2   I apologize for any inconvenience.  Please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will see what I can do for you.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  It's not just store display gift cards; years ago I purchased a $1000 gift card for Best Buy for my brother.  Several days later he went in to buy something and use the card---Surprise, there was no balance on it!  My brother was in his full California Highway Patrol uniform (and obviously he wasn't happy) and got problem resolved (dishonest employee).  Since then I immediately check card balance after purchase and include receipt with gift.  Unfortunately you can't be too careful these days.

Super Contributor

QVC CS said there was no indication it had been used, just for whatever reason wasn't able to be processed ugh - totally baffled and this has left a bad taste in my mouth since the original CS rep specifically said it was being closed out and added as a credit- you have to think someone dropped the ball somewhere.
I will be sending an email to the QVC Social Team as they kindly responded to my post, but I'm fairly sure that's who I emailed late last night lol and it didn't go well - here's hoping.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DooneyGal2.  There was a feature on the news last night, may have been national news, about how hackers are stealing the numbers off gift cards in displays in retail outlets, draining the accounts, then the buyers discover they are worthless.  This could have been the problem with your card.  I wouldn't buy a gift card from a store display.  Hope this works out satisfactorily for you.

Yes, this does happen but this isn't the OP's situation.  The OP called QVC and requested to have the balance of the card transferred as credit on OP's QVC account and when the OP went use it, it wasn't there.  Sounds like noone in Customer Service can OP what happened to the $50.

Doesn't sound like something Customer Service would be able to do in the first place.

Honored Contributor

Similar happened to me.  I went to use one and the numbers had already been given ( used).

Also onc e I was buying a Home Depot card and the cashier said the card number had already been used.

I don’t know how he knew.  I went back and got another one.

There will always be people who have found ways to cheat, unfortunately.

Those people will never get punished.  But people barely get punished these days for breaking the law so what....

I hope QVC is able to help the OP.

Super Contributor

@qbetzforreal I've been able to do this with a QVC gift card frequently in the past few years, for whatever reason I am hearing the system (??) isn't allowing it to be processed and the QVC financing department has to do it which could take up to 5 business days (at first I was told 3 days, awesome, not) - guess I won't be shopping on QVC the next 5 days. LOL. Very unhappy as I find the answer very unsatisfactory and incomplete, wish it would be explained better by QVC. When I called QVC Customer Service Tuesday evening to close out my gift card and have it credited to my account, the QVC CS rep did not say it couldn't be done, in fact she reiterated to me what she was doing (closing it out and crediting my account) and made it sound as though it was good to go - needless to say, won't be doing this again with a QVC gift card, very upsetting to know well, you can't use your own actual money- and for possibly 5 days as well.
As we all know, QVC has been slow with procedures lately so I don't have much faith in this being resolved sooner than this Saturday. Ugh.
Esteemed Contributor

@DooneyGal2 wrote:
@qbetzforrealI've been able to do this with a QVC gift card frequently in the past few years, for whatever reason I am hearing the system (??) isn't allowing it to be processed and the QVC financing department has to do it which could take up to 5 business days (at first I was told 3 days, awesome, not) - guess I won't be shopping on QVC the next 5 days. LOL. Very unhappy as I find the answer very unsatisfactory and incomplete, wish it would be explained better by QVC. When I called QVC Customer Service Tuesday evening to close out my gift card and have it credited to my account, the QVC CS rep did not say it couldn't be done, in fact she reiterated to me what she was doing (closing it out and crediting my account) and made it sound as though it was good to go - needless to say, won't be doing this again with a QVC gift card, very upsetting to know well, you can't use your own actual money- and for possibly 5 days as well.
As we all know, QVC has been slow with procedures lately so I don't have much faith in this being resolved sooner than this Saturday. Ugh.

@DooneyGal2- Good luck.  I hope QVC figures out and rights their mistake in your favor.

Super Contributor

@qbetzforreal thank you. I just wish it could be done in a much more timely manner. Sadly this has soured me on QVC and I've been a longtime loyal viewer/customer for over 25 years. Not sure if they're actually taking responsibility for the issue, which is confusing.
I do prayerfully believe it will be resolved eventually in my favor, but not happy with the timeline. Guess the silver lining for my husband HaHa is I won't be watching/ ordering on QVC until this is resolved...