Esteemed Contributor

Re: Attn: Customer Care -- re QVC Shipping Boxes

boxes!  QVC ACTUALLY USES BOXES?..

Trusted Contributor

Yes but they are usually 3 times larger than the product so the boxes are smashed and barely held together by tape or label.   I received a Halston top today in the mail.  It arrived in a huge envelope that would have held a fall jacket.  The mailman had to roll it up to get it to fit in my mailbox.  The top is a mess.  It is now on a hanger and I am hoping that the wrinkles will come out.  I need to  read directions to see if it can be steamed.   

Contributor

They definitely need to do something about packaging

I would rather have that purse in a thick plastic shipping bag

inside the box becuse I had UPS leave a leather purse in a cardboard box on my doorstep on a day that it poured buckets all day long and when I got home it was so soaked when I went to pick it up the box fell apart.  I bought from an individual and  thankfully the person that shipped it to me had the good sense to double up the packaging and put the $300 purse in the original Dooney bag and then inside a thick plastic UPS bag before they boxed it.  If they had not, that purse would have been ruined.  QVC   is not the best when selecting packaging methods for what they are shipping.  I agree you should get a box no doubt, but they should also use a very thick inner bag to protect that leather bag because you never know what the delivery company is going to do Smiley Wink.  I had an expensive Bixby piece arrive with the envelope ripped wide open (postal service), the box inside crushed badly (open to the point that all I had to do was stick my hand in and pull the box out) and to boot it was a plain QVC box not a Barbara Bixby box and I did not buy an as is piece.  I don't get how they determine which shipping company to use either.  Expensive pieces of jewelry often go via mail and cheap things come via UPS.  I  don't get it.  Even Dooney themselves do not charge shipping for a lot of their orders and most of the bags on here would qualify for free shipping (especially when we are paying the same price or more here).Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

What's going on with shipping? The memo must have gone out - hey, let's cut costs by cheaping out on shipping. They won't notice...📦

@StillFuntoShop  You answered your own question and I agree with your answer!

@circles They are called air pillows.