Esteemed Contributor

Asking for security code on cc

I'm not comfortable with this .  I had to put it in to complete my order which btw did t go through.  I know for a fact there are funds to cover $5.00 !!   Is this so ething new asking us to put security code in to complete cc orders ?  Can a customer service rep please answer that for me ?    Maybe it's be sues the time of year,  holidays and all .  I'm not doing it again don't need all my info out there.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Asking for security code on cc

@Kitty Galore

I am sorry for the inconvenience but we do run random security checks throughout the year where we ask for the customer to provide the security digits. Once they are entered we can no longer see them. 

Also if there is an address change for the item to ship to (as in a gift) you will always be asked for the security digits.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Kitty Galore

I am sorry for the inconvenience but we do run random security checks throughout the year where we ask for the customer to provide the security digits. Once they are entered we can no longer see them. 

Also if there is an address change for the item to ship to (as in a gift) you will always be asked for the security digits.

Beth QVC

Thank you Beth I appreciate the answer.  I do feel better about it now.  I'm guessing I wo t be asked each and every time then otherwise I have go and look it up .

thanks again

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore Unfortunately, these days everyone asks for the security code. Makes me uncomfortable but if I want to use my cc, no choice. My daughter says, it doesn't make a difference because all of our info is out there anyway. Take care.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

Presumably having the security code means the person placing the order has physical possession of the card and is an authorized user not just someone that happened to learn the card account number and cardholder's name.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Presumably having the security code means the person placing the order has physical possession of the card and is an authorized user not just someone that happened to learn the card account number and cardholder's name.

Exactly!  I love it when I am asked for my security code.  credit card thieves have various ways to,steal,your CC number and expiration date.  The only thing they cannot duplicate when they steal that information is that 3 digit code number.  Entering that number shows that the person using it has physical possession of the card.

Honored Contributor

at the Dr last week I used my Amex to pay and the receptionist used the wrong security code twice and it was declined.    she looked at the back not the front. dumb 

Of course, I know for 100% percent there was nothing wrong, at home I called and AX told me that was the reason for the rejection.

security code is used to be sure you and I actually have the code in our hands 

Honored Contributor

I'm uncomfortable if they don't ask for a code.   

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for posting.  It certainly does make sense especially this time of year.Cat Happy