Contributor

Advanced order to backordered?

I'm not famliar with the term backorder. I had placed two orders for Cottage Farms items that were set to ship 5-14-18. They now show under my order status as backordered. When I pull up the items they show available on waitlist. They weren't on waitlist when I ordered.  Does this mean they may not ship at all? Like maybe the over sold them?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Advanced order to backordered?

@MissM, I would say, yes it does.

QVC Customer Care

@MissM wrote:

I'm not famliar with the term backorder. I had placed two orders for Cottage Farms items that were set to ship 5-14-18. They now show under my order status as backordered. When I pull up the items they show available on waitlist. They weren't on waitlist when I ordered.  Does this mean they may not ship at all? Like maybe the over sold them?

Unfortunately, in a case like this, the item may not be available for delivery at this time and the order was converted to a backorder status which could take 2-3 weeks for stock to be available again.  

Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@MissM, I would say, yes it does.

I was afraid of that. I've had really good luck getting all items this season so I guess missing out on these two isn't too bad. Thanks for your reply.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the same issue....i ordered Hydrangeas from them when they offered them on TV and nothing was backordered or advance ordered at that time...there was quantity and i even saw them show again for sale a number of times afterward....never seeing a backorder/advance order indication.........................they were to ship in April....

they went from being in stock and to being shipped in April to backorder and then advance order.....