Regular Contributor

Re: AUTO DELIVERY ITEMS.....whgat is going on now QVC?

@GingerPeach wrote:

I don't know about any of that but I do know that the Bureau of Land Mgmt is supposed to "manage" wild horses and wild burros, but instead is removing them from their ranges so that cattle and sheep ranchers can use the land instead. And that's what we're paying for.

Most so-called adoptions of wild horses end up with the horse sold for slaughter, and that's what we taxpayers are paying for, @SoonerLater 

@GingerPeach Me personally?  I'd like to see them rounded up and sold to good homes rather than being wild where they do not get the food, shelter and attention horses deserve, being prey for animals and starving and being in the elements.

The are horses.  They aren't wild by nature in this country.  No more than any other domestic animal that deserves to be loved and cared for.  And it's no point to subsidize millionaires to house them.  

Honored Contributor

@SoonerLater 

You might want to do some more reading about the subject.

No one is subsidizing the horses.

We are subsidizing the cattle ranchers. And the horses can live perfectly well on their own. They don't need subsidizing. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Regular Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@SoonerLater 

You might want to do some more reading about the subject.

No one is subsidizing the horses.

We are subsidizing the cattle ranchers. And the horses can live perfectly well on their own. They don't need subsidizing. 

@GingerPeach That was basically my point.  Also, horses don't need to be in the wild either. They need care but not at taxpayer's expense. 

Honored Contributor

It looks as if we're coming to just about, but not exactly, the same goal.

The organizations I am supporting have as their goal to leave the horses wild. They do not need to be cared for. They are good at living as wild animals.  They even know how to dig down through the ground to find water under the surface.

It is the roundups that are harming them. These cruel roundups (where they use helicopters, knocking some of them down, harming them, making pregnant mares give birth prematurely, and worse) are what is harming the horses and burros. 

Check out Wild Horse Education DOT org or The Cloud Foundation DOT org for more info.

Did you know that Eohippus, the first prehistoric equine, is native to North America, @SoonerLater ? 

Regular Contributor

@GingerPeach I grew up with horses, had many of them and love them dearly.  That is exactly why I do not like them being "wild."  To me it's abused.

Their hooves need care.  Really bad things can happen to the horse from lack of hoof care.  They need a lot of care and love, and from growing up with them, and careing for them no way would I ever want one to be "wild."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, they don't need hoof or other care, @SoonerLater 

Only domestic horses need hoof care.

Wild horses are better off in the wild. They are not like domestic horses. They have different ideas about how to live. They know how to live in the wild. They have a whole culture of their own. 

They are not helpless.

Have you seen video of the brutal helicopter roundups? Have you seen how desperately they try to escape? How is this helping them in any way? They are injured by those capturing them and then they pretend they had "pre-existing" conditions. 

Please take time to read about the difference. I'm done.

Regular Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

No, they don't need hoof or other care, @SoonerLater 

Only domestic horses need hoof care.

Wild horses are better off in the wild. They are not like domestic horses. They have different ideas about how to live. They know how to live in the wild. They have a whole culture of their own. 

They are not helpless.

Have you seen video of the brutal helicopter roundups? Have you seen how desperately they try to escape? How is this helping them in any way? They are injured by those capturing them and then they pretend they had "pre-existing" conditions. 

Please take time to read about the difference. I'm done.

@GingerPeach They are domestic horses.  They were let go, escaped, etc. and are now like feral dogs.  Domestic animals not being cared for.  

Horses need care.  Certainly as much as not more than dogs.  If you are upset about abandoned dogs you should be as or more upset about horses not being cared for.  To do otherwise is to turn a blind eye to animals that are suffering and dying.  'Enuff said!