Bethlehem Lights 9' Green 2-in-1 Heritage Christmas Tree

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else ordered this tree? My estimated delivery date was 11/10/ 2020 not only has it not shipped they can't even say when it will ship! Super frustrated at this point as usual customer service was no help.

Re: Bethlehem Lights 9' Green 2-in-1 Heritage Christmas Tree

Yes. I ordered the 9 ft flocked tree on Nov. 3. My expected delivery date was today (the 9th)... but I wasn’t seeing a tracking number. Checked with customer service this morning and had the same information given to me. There is a delay. It’s an advanced order. Not sure when it will be shipped, but the shipping will be expedited when it does get shipped. I had no idea it would be so up in the air as to when I will receive it. Not sure if I should wait it out or do something else.
New Contributor

Yes...and very frustrated. I ordered an "as is" tree for my parents on 11/1 with an estimated delivery date of 11/6. I told them to expect it at that time, but as I checked on its progress over the week, noticed it has not been shipped. After three phone calls, the delivery date changed from 11/10, to 11/ 19, and now is 11/24. I am so disappointed and would have demanded a cancellation, except that this particular tree checked all the boxes of what my parents wanted. They are isolated due to COVID and are so looking forward to being able to put this tree up to brighten their days. I have been a QVC customer for 20 years ( my husband joked that we have put some of their employees kids through college) and I have never experienced this poor service. It may be my last purchase.
Frequent Contributor

My 5ft was promised by 11/24 and was received 11/26.  I'm on the fence of whether to return or not.  I paid $270, $26.35 sales tax, $22.00 shipping total $318.14.  From the presentation and description I actually thought I could rely on Bethlehem lights for a quality tree.  Not sure what happened but the components of the tree are great the construction, light stringing and overall assembly is HORRIBLE.  not only are the wires merely wound around branches, but when lit you can see the lights in line where they were strung and the wires can actually be seen.  There are areas with lots of lights and areas with no lights.  There also seems to be not enough branches - there's way too much open space on this tree.  Bethlehem Lights trees are usually lush and full, the wiring meticulously nestled within the branch needles and are evenly distributed around the tree.  My tree has an obvious front and rear - problem is the "front" side has the cord and remote .   It looks like the person assemblying either didn't care or didn't know what they were doing or both!  

There's no plug for a topper so I had to string an extension cord to the topper but that eliminates the ease of remote timer.  I have to step around and turn topper off.  So I plugged both into a timer thinking that would work but the tree lights must be turned on EVERY time they are turned off - so it doesn't work with a timer.  Also you have to cycle thorugh all the different light options EVERYTIME - there's no memory of last option selected. 

After setting up and turning on my first reaction was to put it right back in the box and return it.  Problem is this isn't July and ordering another tree would be dicey being this is Black Friday. 

My alternative is to keep it decorate it and attempt to hide the flaws and when taking down actually remove the lights and restring them myself and figure out if I can bypass the controller and set up on a timer.  It's not a quality Bethlehem Lights tree by any measure.  Very disappointed in Bethlehem Lights - this tree is NO WHERE CLOSE TO A $320 tree.

My current tree is a beautiful 7.5ft Bethlehem Lights Blue Spruce - it's gorgeous and I love it.  My little downsized house however doesn't have room for that beautiful tree which is why I bought the 5ft.