Occasional Contributor

17 days and item still "in process"

I have contacted QVC now a few times regarding a hamper ordered 17 days ago that still hasn't shipped. Customer service confirmed it did not ship and they were going to "contact" the shipper and give me a status within 24-48 hours. Supposedly it was also supposed to ship over a week ago. My estimated delivery date was 9 days ago. I can't cancel the item because of "in process status
. This is very irritating. I need some more definitive answers so I can decide whet her I need to get someone to cancel it on my behalf. When is it shipping?
Occasional Contributor

Re: 17 days and item still "in process"

I guess I should also specify it was not a preorder, or a backorder/waitlist item.
Respected Contributor

@skatardrummer wrote:
I have contacted QVC now a few times regarding a hamper ordered 17 days ago that still hasn't shipped. Customer service confirmed it did not ship and they were going to "contact" the shipper and give me a status within 24-48 hours. Supposedly it was also supposed to ship over a week ago. My estimated delivery date was 9 days ago. I can't cancel the item because of "in process status
. This is very irritating. I need some more definitive answers so I can decide whet her I need to get someone to cancel it on my behalf. When is it shipping?

@skatardrummer - I have a feeling the Q has gone to a system of not keeping items on hand and ordering them when you order them to save money on items that are not frequently ordered.  Sorry you are going through this - buy local!  Got a Bed, Bath & Beyond close by or a Target? 

Honored Contributor

I would call customer service and tell them to cancel.That is way too long to wait.

Occasional Contributor

@hoosieoriginal lol kind of ironic because you're on the acc forum. At any rate, I got a good deal on it, half what it would have cost me at a local store. Of course it does no good if they never send it. The part that irritates me isn't so much that they're essentially drop shipping, it's that 2 customer service reps promised to follow up on the issue with the shipper and give me a status, and they never did. That's ****** customer service on QVC's part.
Respected Contributor

@skatardrummer wrote:

I would think calling CS and speaking to a supervisor would help.  Tell them to cancel the order you can no longer wait.  

I wouldn't "buy" their response of not being able to cancel the item. 

Occasional Contributor

*qvc, not acc
QVC Customer Care

@skatardrummer wrote:

Hi @skatardrummer - I apologize that this has happened. I researched the order and see that it is an product that is coming directly from our vendor's warehouse. I see that they received the order on 5/13. I have sent an email to the team that works directly with this vendor and we will have their response tomorrow. I will have a team member email you their response ( I apologize that I will not because I'm off tomorrow). Thank you for shopping and posting with us ~Kim.

Regular Contributor

I would call this an "upgrade" as far as Customer Service being willing to check with the vendor on the status of your item! That's a good sign, so hopefully you will receive your order fairly soon. I can understand your frustration having experienced this myself.

A similar thing happened to me when I was waiting for a QVC order of food products to be delivered for a scheduled caregiver party. The items did not ship on the promised ship date, but when I phoned customer service multiple times with my rapidly growing panic, they advised me they had no way of checking with the vendor!  It was simply wait and see. That's a helpless feeling because I was not allowed the option to cancel and did not have the additional funds to re-buy elsewhere.

Is it asking too much that a customer be automatically notified of a delay and given a revised shipping date? Apparently it is, although this is standard with most companies. If you still want the hamper badly enough that the extra wait might be worth it, then don't cancel. After all, you've already waited quite a long time. Otherwise, you might prefer to check out the Memorial Day sales online. Macy's would be a good place to start.🙂

Highlighted
Honored Contributor