Respected Contributor

15 days at my post office and then says it’s delivered.

The longest one of my QVC packages have been stuck at my local PO.  I understand it goes to the big warehouse before my actual local PO, but this is ridiculous.  QVC gave me my money back and then two days ago the PO says it delivered my item. Lol.  We watched for the mail and it wasn’t in my mailbox.  I know USPS and UPS say items are delivered, but they really are still on the truck.  I have also gotten things delivered by people who have gotten my package by mistake.  

Occasional Contributor

Re: 15 days at my post office and then says it’s delivered.

I know exactly what you are talking about and how you feel I’m always going through that with my local post office, hope they would go back to the days when they didn’t transfer your package to the post office for me ups was always a winner

Esteemed Contributor

When I visited my daughter in Florida, I used to have oranges sent from a nearby orchard. However, one year I discovered that my oranges were sitting at the local post office for days. They were certainly not fresh at that point...edible but nothing special. I stopped ordering oranges.

Frequent Contributor

And.......we are paying more for this "service"!!! Seems to me that when they made the switch to UPS to USPS delivery process is when they raised the shipping rates. I have 5 spring tops that were ordered on the 16th and 17th-- they"re still sitting "in process" but I'm paying more to receive them than I did when fashion items came in 5 or 6 days,,,sometimes even faster.

Honored Contributor

I'm convinced it all depends upon our local people.  My regular mail woman who is terrific at her job was on vacation recently and the two people who covered her territory were not nearly as competent as she.  No idea why.

But merely shifting to a different service where I live absolutely would not solve the problems.  I've had both UPS and FedEx issues.  I've received packages that were not mine, I've had packages misdelivered and then lied about, and twice before they changed to the USPS my completed tax package was misdelivered!  That scared me more than not receiving any merchandise package.

The last 2 items, one QVC and one not, I ordered both arrived well before their promised dates.  Once again, I credit people, not policy, but how do we really know?

@GSPgirl15 days is ridiculous  -  I never even wait 15 days from an order -  7 is high for me.   What's going on at your PO?  

Esteemed Contributor

It depends on the supervisor at your own post office sub station. Do they let packages pile up for days, or do they assign them to be sorted and delivered daily?

Some lazy letter carrier ignore packages, leaving them for the substitute to deliver. Some subs refuse to deliver anything but easy to handle envelopes since they're only filling in for a day.

These are all real examples of what holds up your package after it goes to USPS. I had bad mail service for years, but have good service now due to new letter carrier (his 2 subs are awful though).

My letter carrier doesn't scan my package in as being 'delivered' until he's literally walking in my yard with it.

Respected Contributor

Amazon can deliever fast why can't QVC.

Honored Contributor

@sann.  Amazon is not operating 24/7 TV stations.  QVC is a much more complex operation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

With my latest order, which was placed 3-17, I was given an EDD of 3-22.  I keep checking on-line and it still says my order is being processed and I have not received a tracking number.  QVC is terrible in the delivery dept.!

Honored Contributor

And they want me to get a Q credit card.....NO WAY.  

They have too much going on with what they have....the Q, Q2, Beauty, and HSN......not sure if that is all.  But, they can't keep up with what they have now.

Yes, delivery is awful.