Super Contributor

Speaking of where are they now, one question has just been answered for me. YOU! Where the heck have you been Oppiaphelia? I haven't seen you here in an eon.

DianaFran

Honored Contributor

That's about the last thing on earth I would want to do. I haven't had any contact with any of them since high school, and have no interest in contacting people I knew back then. I moved away and our lives have been so different, so no, it's not a current topic for me.

Frequent Contributor

I should not do this but can't resist. I am not on fb but I wouldn't find my old boyfriends on fb either. I'd have to go to the cemetary or "heaven" to see them. Really, that goes for old girl friends too and most relatives. And this is not meant to be morbid -- just factual.

Girls and boys, it goes by rapidly!

Honored Contributor
On 2/19/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 2/19/2015 Ford1224 said:

I have one old friend (not boyfriend) who includes me in all of his emails with dozens of others, some of whom I recognize as old schoolmates. At first his emails were highly political and very hateful. I told him at that time to take me off his list and he did for a while.

Now he sends jokes, day after day, stupid old verses and jokes and I just delete them. I never respond. I don't think he has anything better to do, or perhaps some early signs of dementia.

The only other "boyfriend" I've had contact with was one I've spoken about before who just never gave up, but I finally figured out a way to get rid of him and haven't heard from him in years.

The other I googled. He was someone I really loved, my first true love. But we never became a "couple," he was wanting more than I felt ready to give, so he turned to others. Broke my heart, that boy. I did talk to him and he came down once from North Jersey and we had a sorta lunch at a local diner. He was obviously still married and so we just talked for about an hour. He said he wanted to take me out for a real lunch date, but I was noncommittal and I guess he picked that up. Had he been free, perhaps it would have been a different story, but he wasn't. He did call me once after that promising again he would come down. But he never did and that was at least three and a half years ago.

I hope he is still well, I still have my memories, but I'm glad nothing ever came of it because it was shortly after that little meeting that my back got really bad and I became what I am now. I'm kinda glad we saw each other before that happened to me.

Ford I remember "Walter" and really enjoyed reading your update on him. I always wondered what had become of him after your reunion.

I understand that you have a lot of health issues but your beautiful face belies the fact. You are still exquisitely beautiful.

Just an aside....good luck with the move. I will send prayers that both you and your daughter settle in to your new home in the next month. I think you will be so much happier having her with you and you will be good for each other.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

OMG, SoftRaindrops . . . you remember my Walter? Unbelievable, thank you. I guess he will always be my "unrequited love," but I don't think he cared as much as I did. He was a young boy, ready to sow his oats and though he chose me, I wasn't anywhere near ready for that. So he moved on after only a few dates, even though we were inseparable for the two years prior while never even touching. The fifties were an odd time for girls. If one "gave in," she was thought the less of . . . and if one didn't, she lost the boy. Ah well.

Thanks for your compliment and your prayers. My daughter, Erin, is the only one I think I can live with without any issues. Although there is much love between me and my other two girls, I don't think I could live with either of them. So, yes, fingers crossed this is the right decision for both of us not to be alone. And she's thrilled about the apartment, she really loves it, and that makes me so happy. She could never have done it on her own financially.

Thanks again SR, you are a sweetheart and a good cyber friend. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor
On 2/20/2015 Ford1224 said:

I have one old friend (not boyfriend) who includes me in all of his emails with dozens of others, some of whom I recognize as old schoolmates. At first his emails were highly political and very hateful. I told him at that time to take me off his list and he did for a while.

Now he sends jokes, day after day, stupid old verses and jokes and I just delete them. I never respond. I don't think he has anything better to do, or perhaps some early signs of dementia.

The only other "boyfriend" I've had contact with was one I've spoken about before who just never gave up, but I finally figured out a way to get rid of him and haven't heard from him in years.

The other I googled. He was someone I really loved, my first true love. But we never became a "couple," he was wanting more than I felt ready to give, so he turned to others. Broke my heart, that boy. I did talk to him and he came down once from North Jersey and we had a sorta lunch at a local diner. He was obviously still married and so we just talked for about an hour. He said he wanted to take me out for a real lunch date, but I was noncommittal and I guess he picked that up. Had he been free, perhaps it would have been a different story, but he wasn't. He did call me once after that promising again he would come down. But he never did and that was at least three and a half years ago.

I hope he is still well, I still have my memories, but I'm glad nothing ever came of it because it was shortly after that little meeting that my back got really bad and I became what I am now. I'm kinda glad we saw each other before that happened to me.

Ford I remember "Walter" and really enjoyed reading your update on him. I always wondered what had become of him after your reunion.

I understand that you have a lot of health issues but your beautiful face belies the fact. You are still exquisitely beautiful.

Just an aside....good luck with the move. I will send prayers that both you and your daughter settle in to your new home in the next month. I think you will be so much happier having her with you and you will be good for each other.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

OMG, SoftRaindrops . . . you remember my Walter? Unbelievable, thank you. I guess he will always be my "unrequited love," but I don't think he cared as much as I did. He was a young boy, ready to sow his oats and though he chose me, I wasn't anywhere near ready for that. So he moved on after only a few dates, even though we were inseparable for the two years prior while never even touching. The fifties were an odd time for girls. If one "gave in," she was thought the less of . . . and if one didn't, she lost the boy. Ah well.

Thanks for your compliment and your prayers. My daughter, Erin, is the only one I think I can live with without any issues. Although there is much love between me and my other two girls, I don't think I could live with either of them. So, yes, fingers crossed this is the right decision for both of us not to be alone. And she's thrilled about the apartment, she really loves it, and that makes me so happy. She could never have done it on her own financially.

Thanks again SR, you are a sweetheart and a good cyber friend. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Ford, I always look for your posts here. They are always memorable too.

Just an aside, I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers after your injury. I don't understand why sometimes that life deals us such a hard blow. But you are a trooper and you give me a lot of encouragement sharing here. I figure if Ford can do it, so can I.Smile

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 2/20/2015 Ford1224 said:

Ford, I always look for your posts here. They are always memorable too.

Just an aside, I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers after your injury. I don't understand why sometimes that life deals us such a hard blow. But you are a trooper and you give me a lot of encouragement sharing here. I figure if Ford can do it, so can I.Smile

That's a lovely sentiment, thank you, SR. My rib is healing and but I think I will keep the brace on for a couple more weeks. I still can't bend over, but I've not been able to bend over very much for a long time. I have what I call a "pickup stick" that I use to retrieve things from the floor that I drop all the time. I have many little gadgets that help me with stuff. My girls are always picking things up for me when they're out shopping.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I'm married, happily married. There's no reason for me to contact old boyfriends on FB. However, even if I were available and looking; I still wouldn't look up old flames. If I'm hungry today, I'm not going to wade through the trash looking for scraps from Monday's dinner.....

Super Contributor

I've never contacted old boyfriends on FB.

Have I been tempted? Sure.

I almost did once, until I thought to myself, "If he wanted you back in his life, he would contact you."

That sealed it for me.

I didn't contact him.

Contributor

thanks for the replies....

Hi again DianaFran ~  hope all is well with you.Heart