Trusted Contributor

what would QVC and HSN do without women?

I checked the new markdowns at QVC and HSN this morning and what came up was tons and tons of womens clothes.  Without women there would be no need for shopping channels.

Can you imagine a shopping channel devoted to men? 

Women you can't live with them ... you can't live without them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: what would QVC and HSN do without women?

Women do the shopping of the TV. I haven't heard of too many  men who watch shopping channels. 

Honored Contributor

My dh will glance at an electronic show, but says they’re mostly not as great a price as he get elsewhere. He feels many people are drawn in by the easy pay even if prices are higher or for example, memory on computer is not sufficient for most programs. I have no earthly idea what he’s talking about, but smile like I understand. Lol

This is also the same dh who cannot purchase socks without my assistance. That’s probably the reason, other than team sweatshirts, we don’t see men’s clothing on Q.

Esteemed Contributor

Heck, what would I do without QVC?  QVC offers things I cannot get locally. Yesterday, I wore a Susan Graver top to church. Now, I bought this top 10 or 15 pounds ago, and probably 2 or 3 years ago but it still fits. My husband told me I looked great in it, its a shell with a long sleeved top. I also wore my diamonique tennis bracelet. I felt pretty, thank you QVC.

Then there is Perricone cream that I can't do without. The list goes on.

The UPS guy doesn't deliever to me daily, or even weekly, but I do love QVC.

Regular Contributor

what would happen without their women customers?  They'd go out of business.

Honored Contributor

@newname0@Shanus

It seems to me that women enjoy shopping and men don’t.

However,  women do need to BUY for men. It wouldn’t hurt to have some fashion choices for that!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Some men do like to shop but they're just not doing it on TV. Especially if they're looking for good deals. But I've listened to male callers during Evine's Invicta shows and the cooking shows. Maybe that's why they do four-five hours of those watches almost every night and on weekends because it brings in the dudes! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If Qvc or Hsn sold sporting goods that included hiking gear and clothing as well as all things related to hunting, the men would shop in troves.  It may though be a great big turnoff for women especially this one.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just read their revenue was 8 BILLION last year.  Don’t see why we can’t have free shipping on everything, even returns.  I don’t order clothing anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

DH will turn HSN & qvc and watch with me

now it there was a Harley Davidson shopping channel it would be on 24/7 and I'd be living on the back of a bike!

He got a "new" 2016 with 2000 miles on it.

It.is.all.he.talks.about

I'm glad he's happy but, sigh......