Honored Contributor

There are so many alerts on my phone right now it has gone on to a third page. High wind - currents - rip tides - small craft warnings - conditions right for tornados - floods -severe weather. Asking people to bring in objects that could become airborne in high winds. It is very windy here right now and very very cloudy but  nary a drop of rain as yet.

I had to go out and get my fish and mermaid off the lanai. I brought my herb garden in under the porch roof, as well as the furniture, though they will still get wet I imagine with the way the wind is blowing.

DH was going to cook out on the grill for dinner - I think we'll can that idea and use the oven.

DH just went out & raised up the garage screen , instead closed & locked the garage door. When our garage door isn't locked it has a tendancy to lift a little in high wind, and we don't want that because then lizards & snakes take refuge from the storm in the garage.

So we are all tucked in and waiting.

Honored Contributor

Hunker down!

Stay safe

Esteemed Contributor

Where ya located?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@151949

Are you in FLA?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: weather alerts

[ Edited ]

SW Florida. Heavy rain just starting.

Honored Contributor

@151949

Is it a tropical storm, etc? Huge red over west coast of FLA right now... take care!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@151949 Sounds scary.I hope that it blows by without causing too much grief.Stay safe and when it is over let us know how you survived.

Respected Contributor

Re: weather alerts

[ Edited ]

For us on the southern Atlantic coast , hurricane season starts June 1-ugh!

I hate hurricanes, they frighten me.