Honored Contributor

DD and I went early to a new restaurant near our apt complex, on Sunday a.m. for breakfast!!   That in itself makes me smile as breakfast out, was our thing before the virus took over---my fave meal ,I might add---anyway had a delicious meal and left to walk thru the restaurant filled with happy faces and smiles and bustling staff to go outside to see the same in the area of tables they had set up---was a sea of food and happy noises on a lovely, cool sunny day!!  May sound weird but it was truly a lovely sight---Woman Very Happy-

Respected Contributor

Isn't it lovely to see some signs of normalcy returning. We could use more happy noises, and smiling faces, with bustling staff back at work. It's been far too long without.  

Respected Contributor

Sometimes it's the simplest of things that enrich our lives.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 

@Etoile308 wrote:

Sometimes it's the simplest of things that enrich our lives.

Yes. My dog got me off the couch yesterday watching a stupid movie. She had this long face and kept looking at me.

It was Sunday and I had just cleaned house and sat down.

I looked at her and said, OK, lets go.  We went to the park and as she jumped out of the car and I watched her romp away from me, her little behind, she's a mini poo, just wagging, it brought a smile to my face and heart.

Before covid, we use to go places alot, then things slowed. Time to pick up again.

I have gone to a few restaurants, but just watching her happy made my day.  The simple things.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl    Getting back to "Normal" after so long is a wonderful sight.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

That sounds like a great time out, so nice to see things somewhat back to normal!

My birthday was yesterday, my 25 year old son and I went to the Renaissance Festival, we've been taking him since he was 2 yrs old so it was a family tradition.

We had a great time, seems like the fellow revelers did too, lots of kindness, big smiles, beautiful festive costumes too!  

Super Contributor
The salad bar reopening at my local Whole Foods. I used hand wipes to pick up the different ladles as they suggested. Doesn’t take much sometimes to make you smile.